Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2024, 10:28 PM

Default Anyone running HD I/O's with HD PCI?

I want to access some old stuff from when I was running an HD/TDM system. I have a Process card that passes DigiTest under a PT TDM 6.4 install on Panther 10.3.2 as well as PT 7 HD install on Tiger 10.4.11 (separate hard drives).

So far so good... but I was hoping to use one of my HD I/O's with this system as I haven't been able to find any indication that it wouldn't work since it's DigiLink. DigiTest shows it as a 192 class interface but says the firmware version is "0" so I'm thinking this might be the issue.

Curious if anyone has run an HD I/O with an old PT HD system like this or if anyone can share any thoughts on how to get the firmware updated on the HD I/O... I could press the update firmware button, but I'm a little nervous about making a bigger mess if this isn't something that isn't supposed to work anyway...

At this point with the HD I/O connected both DigiTest and PT will "Unexpectedly quit" and not launch. If I remove the HD I/O, DigiTest works fine and PT complains there is no interface connected to the first HD card...
Old 03-30-2024, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Anyone running HD I/O's with HD PCI?

I thought the minimum version of Pro Tools that worked with HD I/O was Pro Tools HD 8.1. Pro Tools has to know how to manage the HD I/O box. I would not assume your setup would work.