Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2013, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post

Another bad analogy. Did Avid promise us the driver? Did you pay for this new driver to work with Pro Tools 11?

Unfortunately, they don't owe us anything otherwise you could fight to get your money back.

While I disagree with their decision, we can't argue that they are required to write this driver. We just want them to.
No offense but I think you are completely wrong. When you buy a pretty expensive unit designed to work ONLY with Pro Tools the company should do everything to make it work as long as technically possible with the only compatible software. If not what's the point investing in their units on the long run?

It's not like trying to use a PCI card on a PCIe slot or whatever, it's just a piece of software that for some reason they don't want to provide. Period.