Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2009, 04:13 PM

Unhappy Dae Error #-4 while allocating voices..

hello people.
I've been troubleshooting this for the past 2 days. It only happens on one session ( the mix I need to deliver...).
I've reseated the cards, digilink cables, ran digitest, created a new user, fully uninstalled and reinstalled pro tools but still I can only get this session to open 1 out of every 20 times maybe I try to load it.
I added an extra hd procces card since i get a message that there are insufficient resources to load that last few plugs in the session. It is after this message that the session struggles to open and then hits me with the -4 error.
I'm clueless & hopeless.

Any ideas?

ppc 1.42
7.4cs10
max ram
hd3 process
3x192 24in/48out
sync i/o
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Dae Error #-4 while allocating voices..

got it working. Found a bad master fader channel. I imported everything but that one, saved the new session then created a new one to import the master fader (just to see what was going on..). I used that single fader session to import it's data to the previously imported session.
Voila..
I feel kinda stupid...
Don't know why or how but i'm working again so I guess untill next time..

Thanks
D.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:20 PM

Update:......
While moving a 3band mdw from one slot to another in the new imported session and just before i closed the mix I got a -7100 error.
I Did a cold reboot to reset the TDM bus and I'm getting this whole mess again. -4 errors after the (new) session struggles to load....
I'm gonna do the whole import sessin data thing again...
Clueless..

Maybe this track isn't meant to be ?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:33 PM

Saw this two years ago when we moved G4's to MacPros. Tracked to an old install of MDW/TCMX3. (it needed an update)
Old 09-30-2009, 02:24 PM

Thank you for the input Sean.
MDW has been buggy in the past giving me -7100 errors when copying to another slot for example. I checked to see if there is another version of it the other day but i downloaded the one I already had installed.
It seems like every time I need to open this session i have to do it by importing its data into a new session...