Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2003, 05:15 PM

Default OT: BPM Counter for OSX?

I have been using Mac BPM Counter 3.3 for a long time and find it extremely useful - I am a DJ and do a lot of mixing and BPM reliant editing. Now that I can't use PT and the Classic environment at the same time, I need to find a similar tool for use in OSX. I have Googled high and low, to no avail. Does anyone have an option besides the highly unaaurate 4-count provided as "Tap" in the PT Transport window (or does anybody know how to adjust input time on the transport tap to make it at least 16 counts for better accuracy?)

Any of my Mac programming folks out there???

Thank in advance guys...
Old 03-06-2003, 09:31 PM

Default Re: OT: BPM Counter for OSX?

Well, I've never heard of bpm counter, but in PT6 you do have the TCE tool and the click plugin. the two of those should be able to get you by for the meanwhile until you find something similar for OSX.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:43 AM

A program called StudioMonkey 1.0 from www.screensw.com is for OSX. It can calculate from MS to BPM, and BPM to MS. They will be adding features, and a popular request is a midi tapper in the future. Maybe this will help.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:16 AM

MetroGnome might well be what you are looking for as it has a tap BPM feature.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Czech:
I have been using Mac BPM Counter 3.3 for a long time and find it extremely useful - I am a DJ and do a lot of mixing and BPM reliant editing. Now that I can't use PT and the Classic environment at the same time, I need to find a similar tool for use in OSX.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Perfect! Mike, I've got exactly what you're asking for. I am just finishing up my first project in OS X, building a little Tap Tempo counter with Apple's Project Builder package.

It's really simple, just averages the last 8 taps on either its button or the space bar, and displays that in a small window. It'll be out as freeware very soon. Check out the freeware area on my site - the URL is below.

Leigh
Old 03-08-2003, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the help guys... I got MetroGnome up and working, but I don't like the lack of an "accuracy" field like in MacBPM Counter. The results vary 3-5 BPM on my taps and I prefer a little more precise feedback.

The screensw website won't open for me, but I will keep checking that.

Leigh- Sounds like you got what I need! Keep me posted as to the availability of your program!!
Old 03-09-2003, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Czech:
Thanks for the help guys... I got MetroGnome up and working, but I don't like the lack of an "accuracy" field like in MacBPM Counter. The results vary 3-5 BPM on my taps and I prefer a little more precise feedback.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mike,

Please tell me what the accuracy field is - is this where it averages your taps?

Feel free to email me directly - just check my profile and remove the "nospam" from my address.

Leigh
Old 07-20-2003, 05:37 PM

I finally published the aforementioned BPM counter. If anyone's interested, it's on the freeware section of my site (url below).

It's called the Tapper, you know, like Tap On, Tap Off, Tap On... the Tapper!

C'mon, who remembers the Clapper?

Knee deep in an Eighties revival,
Leigh