Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2001, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Asio Drivers For PC Petition

still no asio, so I have to keep this at the top...get used to seeing this petition digi!

tex
Old 01-09-2001, 01:21 PM

Digi are pretty quiet on this matter !?! Don't you get it, they don't give a s**t about you. Just spread the word that Digi treat their costomer like this.
Old 01-12-2001, 08:09 PM

OK I give up! you win digi, I should not own this peice of UNSUPPORTED gear, it was an interesting shot on your part, just a shame you abandoned the product and your customers...just the kind of stuff 3DFX did before their demise...remember voodoo cards?

Tex
Old 01-12-2001, 10:47 PM

I would love to see an ASIO driver but I doubt they will do it cause they want people to use PTLE, not Cubase. I am getting a second computer this week and I want to run a Digi001 on each but I refuse to purchase another one until there is an ASIO driver available. I need an good input device for Cubase and I like the Digi001 but I will get something else unless I have ASIO support. I am going to continue to use both Cubase and PTLE because they each have specific things that I like about them.

Jason
Old 01-14-2001, 03:11 AM

c'mon like an ASIO driver is of any real importance. If you wanted to run Cubase why did you bother buying a digi001 when there are PLENTY of other interfaces that would do the job equally or better. Your Hammerfall's, Echo Cards, MOTU cards etc ... they all do the same thing as Digi001 outboard box.

I personally bought the Digi001 for crossplatform compatibility (*cough*) and ProTools .. I love the software and wouldn't use anything else. I didn't buy the 001 for the interface alone ..

My $0.02 cents

Marcus
Old 01-14-2001, 07:54 AM

people are b-i-t-c-h-i-n-g about protools because they can't tune it the right way! ahahahahah logic is good for midi, do it on another computer. there's enough plug-ins for me, latency is ok, remember external DSPs like lexicon still exists..ahhhhhhh

Protools, the ultimate recording dream!
Old 01-14-2001, 08:16 AM

I completly agree with marcusb.
If you bought digi001 to run cubase or gigasamper than it's your fault. If I was digidesign I wouldn't even support ASIO.
Old 01-14-2001, 08:25 PM

Well, I have been a member of this user forum for awhile. Even though I think Digi won't do this, I am still signing your petition. However, I do think a third party will be bored and do it for us.
Old 01-14-2001, 09:18 PM

I apologize now because I know this is going to be a long post but I have a lot to say and it may take a while to say it. I most definitely did not buy the Digi001 for Cubase or Gigasampler. In fact, I was running both quite happily before the Digi001 was ever announced. My point is quite simple actually. I already have an audio card that I use with Cubase and Gigasampler (GigaStudio 160 now), however its only 4 in 4 out. I need to use Cubase for certain things and PTLE for others. I really like the TrueTape feature in Cubase 5.0 and use it occasionally, but not all the time. I mostly record into PTLE so I have the most used things normalled through my patchbay to inputs on the Digi001. I have been very impressed with PTLE because it has almost all of the features that I need from the TDM version. The one thing I need is more tracks though. I know I could easily bounce a mix to 2 tracks and start another session, and I have. I have been thinking about buying a second Digi001 though because I could then use it on my other computer.

Here is where the ASIO issue comes in. So, if I buy another Digi001 I am essentially buying an audio interface, and thats all. I would pay $800 for a software upgrade though if it included 48 tracks, SMPTE, and a few of the cool things from the TDM version such as surround sound. Therefore I would also like to have the ability to switch between programs and still record using the same interface. I'm not lazy, but it does save time for me when I am in a hurry and it always seems like I am. I do however feel sorry for people without a patchbay because switching inputs could get difficult and very messy if the setup wasn’t designed for such things. Besides, this is a petition. It doesn’t matter whether this makes any sense to anyone, it matters if its what enough people want. For example, I may never use the MIDI functions in PTLE, but that’s just me. If enough people want something and its not hard to give them, why not. Make the people happy and they will keep coming back.

Jason
Old 01-15-2001, 10:29 AM

I sure would like to be able to use Cubase with my Digi001. I sold my Gina card (a little too prematurely) and now am in the market for another sound card/breakout box combo so I can continue to use Cubase, Vegas, et al. with my PC.

Yes to ASIO drivers!