Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 AM

Default Avid Mojo SDI

Hi

Trying to playout video from my Pro Tools LE 7.3 session to external monitors via a SDI mojo, except I can not find the option to send the video via the mojo. Is there an installation issue in order to make Pro Tools see the mojo?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:17 AM

a) what type of video CODEC?
b) was the MOJO connected when Pro Tools was launched?
c) is the AVID video engine from the install options installed?

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 AM

See now I don't remember there being the option to install the avid video engine at the time of installation ... I could be wrong. I'm looking into it.

EDIT: Yep, just loaded the installer and no option to install the Avid video engine. If it is of any use, i've installed LE 7.3 on a computer which is already successfully running Avid Media Composer with SDI Mojo, does this have any bearing?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 AM

the option I'm thinking of is on the HD installer

AVID and Pro Tools usually require different firmware versions (a real pain in your situation)

do you have another computer you could test on?

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-23-2008, 04:34 AM

Thanks, I will give that a try. Supposing all the software/hardware is configured correctly, which option should I select once Pro Tools is loaded in order to send video out through the SDI Mojo?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:05 PM

Exclamation there is none

If the video is Avid video, it will automatically play out the Mojo SDI if the video track is online. If the video is a QuickTime movie, put the video track online and then choose Video Out Firewire from the Options menu.

The QuickTime quarter-frame offset only works in increments of four (4) when using Video Out Firewire with Mojo SDI. So if you set your QuickTime offset to 13 quarter frames, it's really 12. Set it to 15, and it's really 16. This is because the Mojo SDI is locked to video ref. If you play your QuickTime video on a computer display, it will respect any quarter-frame offset.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Technician View Post
If the video is a QuickTime movie, put the video track online and then choose Video Out Firewire from the Options menu.
Unfortunately that option is greyed out for some reason - help!!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:39 AM

I'm pretty sure you need 7.4 for mojo to work with LE...
Old 07-25-2008, 09:44 AM

You are absolutely right kkfaudio, believe it or not it can occasionaly pay to read the system compatibility on the digidesign website!! I've already bought the upgrade. Cheers everyone.

EDIT: Update installed, I can see that the video engine loads and the large white pixels load in my monitor as expected. Sending the video out via firewire, but just green goo on my screen. NB - my video track contains a PAL 25fps quicktime video and my session settings reflect this. I've also tried importing some Avid omfi files, sending them out composite into my monitor. I have the worldclock reference BNC coming out of the mojo and going into the SPDIF IN on my 003 console. When I select the avid video track as online, I can make out in the mad pixelation some colouring which matches the frame i am on in the timeline, so Pro Tools is sending the image out but something is prohibiting me from seeing a clear frame. I've tried using a normal non-sdi mojo but still encountered the same problem. I am starting to run out of ideas.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:39 AM

I've noticed that each time I run Pro Tools, the dialogue box tells me that it is setting up the video engine and tells me when installation is complete. I would expect this the first time I run LE 7.4 after installing DV Toolkit 2, but not on every launch. Once installed the video engine should just launch no problem and not have to install itself every time. Could this have something to do with the problem?