Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Can\'t open new sessions

Can anybody help me out?? I have Pro Tools LE 6.9.2 and it has not been working the past few days...It wont let me open new sessions...it just crashes on me every time. I can't even open older sessions with out there being problems...do I need to download an upgrade??? maybe 7.0??? Just really getting pissed. I keep getting "neo access" messages. I'm running a G5 mac....any help would be the best...thanks,
-Victor
Old 12-23-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Can\'t open new sessions

Victor:
FIrst off, welcome to the boards!

If we could have a few more system details, especially your OS, I think we could be able to help out better. Also the number and precise name of the error message you're getting (Also try searching the DUC for that error and you might find your solution right away).

Have you tried trashing your preferences? That's the one the Digi always recommends right of that bat and can do wonders...otherwise, I also have had some similar problems in the past and a simple reinstall solved everything for me. But hold off on that option for now until you've tried a few other things first.

Did this problem pop up after and update of PT or your OS? Check the compatibility section if so, although with a G% and 6.9 I assume your probably good to go in that realm.....but a possibility.

Let us know a bit more and I'm sure the folks here will gladly help ya out!

Good luck!

-Danji
Old 12-23-2005, 08:31 PM

I'm running Mac OSX Tiger...in my stupid actions last night..I may have downloaded something I wasn't supposed to have from digi design...my system preferences tells me it can't find MBOX 2...well I don't have an MBOX 2...I have the original. I screwed up. Pro Tools is not working...at all. Please rescue me....
Cheers,
-Victor
Old 12-24-2005, 04:57 AM

My guess is that you downloaded a new PT update....which would explain the MBox 2 bit....
Which error message are you getting when you ry to open new sessions? If you're now having new probs with the wrongly installed update I might suggest a reinstall. At this point that might be your best bet...Which version of PT does it show that you have now? If you could figure out what exactly this update was that would also be helpful...
Still need a bit more info. Hang in there

Good luck, happy holidays

-Danji