Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2021, 11:31 PM

Default Dock wheel for FCPX, Davinci, or even in EuControl?

Wonder why there is Wheel setting for Transport panel but not the Dock. I would like to use Dock for FCPX, DaVinci, especially the wheel for editing since that's what jog/shuttle wheels are for. And why the EuControl does't have the wheel function to be assigned? Did Avid do this on purpose? why?
Anyone has suggestion on getting wheel function for these editing tool? Is there a soft keys presets exchange system here?
Old 09-08-2021, 11:30 AM
Avid

Default Re: Dock wheel for FCPX, Davinci, or even in EuControl?

You can assign Wheel modes to the Right Edit Softkeys on the Dock or the touch strips
Old 09-08-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
You can assign Wheel modes to the Right Edit Softkeys on the Dock or the touch strips

Can you explain in more detail? I setup the Dock Right Edit, Jog button using command for Wheel -> Dock Jog. So after that, I can toggle the Jog button and then use Wheel to function as jog(?) The speed is very slow and I don't know how to setup the shuffle function for the wheel. Is this the right way to use the wheel? I kind of get it to work in FCPX but it doesn't work in DaVinci which is the app that I actually use. I really want to find 1 controller to use most of the app that has timeline so they don't clutter the desk.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:32 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbo View Post
Can you explain in more detail? I setup the Dock Right Edit, Jog button using command for Wheel -> Dock Jog. So after that, I can toggle the Jog button and then use Wheel to function as jog(?) The speed is very slow and I don't know how to setup the shuffle function for the wheel. Is this the right way to use the wheel? I kind of get it to work in FCPX but it doesn't work in DaVinci which is the app that I actually use. I really want to find 1 controller to use most of the app that has timeline so they don't clutter the desk.
All the commands come from the Editor/DAW software itself. I don't have these two Apps importunely so can't test it for you but if they made them available (which I believe they would have) It might be a trial and error situation.