Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2013, 11:27 AM

Default PT10 License Expired? (PT 11 Upgrade from 9)

I just got the Pro Tools 11 upgrade from 9, installed 10.3.7 and 11.2 and activated my licenses on ilok and everything was running perfect, not so much as a crash. Then I tried to bounce my session to MP3 sharing with Soundcloud and I get this window:

=====

Quote:
"Your license to use Pro Tools 10 has expired. Click the "Renew" button to register for a new license period."
=====

I click renew and get this:

Quote:
"This version of Pro Tools 10 requires authorization to run, but the authorization cannot be found on the installed iLok (serial number #x########).

If you have a license card for this product and with to use it to authorize this iLock. check the "Use license card" check box and the "Next" button. Uncheck the box if you with to authorize your ilok using an alternate method."
=====

If I uncheck the box and press next I get a challenge and response, I have no idea where I am supposed to get the response code from. So I press "Back" to try another way.

=====

If I check the box and press next I get this:

Quote:
"Your iLok with serial number #x######## has a pending authoization for this software. Most likely this means that there is an outstanding challenge in the devixce for which the response has not been entered.

While the pending authorization exists, you may not transfer authorization from the license card to your ilok. Press "Next" to delete the pending authorization or "Cancel" to stop this operation."
=====

I press next and get this again:

Quote:
"This version of Pro Tools 10 requires authorization to run, but the authorization cannot be found on the installed iLok (serial number #x########).

If you have a license card for this product and with to use it to authorize this iLock. check the "Use license card" check box and the "Next" button. Uncheck the box if you with to authorize your ilok using an alternate method."
=====

Now if I keep the box checked I get this again:

Quote:
"Your iLok with serial number #x######## has a pending authoization for this software. Most likely this means that there is an outstanding challenge in the devixce for which the response has not been entered.

While the pending authorization exists, you may not transfer authorization from the license card to your ilok. Press "Next" to delete the pending authorization or "Cancel" to stop this operation."
=====

Ugh, an endless loop. I cannot figure out where to enter the challenge to get a response, and why I even have to do this if I have active licenses for Pro Tools 10/11 on my ilok 2 and they open fine. WTH?
Old 10-23-2013, 11:46 AM

Default Re: PT10 Lisence Expired? (PT 11 Upgrade from 9)

Guess I fixed it somehow, I noticed I still had a Pro Tools 10 demo license on my ilok, deleted it and seems ok now. Bouncing to MP3/Soundcloud as I type.