Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2016, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools | Dock... Check out the Video from AES

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyguelz View Post
Do you mind posting some photos you took? Would really like to see more photos... I have an iPad so I'm one of the potential buyers that is definitely looking at purchasing one.

Thanks!

If you notice the S3 is a nice side board. The Dock is almost half of that size. For someone in a small space, this may not be a good solution for them.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 01-31-2016, 10:26 PM

I would like to know if 3rd party plugs are going to map out to the dock soft keys?

ie with the behavior of the dock be like the d-Command's dedicated EQ and Comp section?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I would like to know if 3rd party plugs are going to map out to the dock soft keys?

ie with the behavior of the dock be like the d-Command's dedicated EQ and Comp section?
I suspect the plugins will map out exactly like they do on the Artist Mix or any other EuCon device.

It would be great if Custom Plugin mapping was available. Hopefully in a future update.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:39 AM

oh! my dream! But I don't have enough money
Old 02-08-2016, 03:25 PM

Someone had earlier asked whether this would work alongside 4 artist mixes. I currently am also using 4 artist mixes as well as an artist control. I was looking at getting a transport as well but now that I see the dock I am tempted to use that as a replacement for my artist control as it appears to have the more advanced transport features that the artist transport has.

I am also curious to know how well it plays with four artist mixes. Will it also work with the control in tandem? I know that the artist series maxes out at four mix units and one control unit so I am curious on how all this plays out. I am guessing I will have to ditch the control to use the dock in it place. Not so bad as I can either sell the control or shift it to my mobile laptop rig to give me more functionality in the field.

Can anyone from AVID elaborate on whether it will work in my scenario?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:39 PM
ACI/ALP Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustboy View Post
Someone had earlier asked whether this would work alongside 4 artist mixes. I currently am also using 4 artist mixes as well as an artist control. I was looking at getting a transport as well but now that I see the dock I am tempted to use that as a replacement for my artist control as it appears to have the more advanced transport features that the artist transport has.

I am also curious to know how well it plays with four artist mixes. Will it also work with the control in tandem? I know that the artist series maxes out at four mix units and one control unit so I am curious on how all this plays out. I am guessing I will have to ditch the control to use the dock in it place. Not so bad as I can either sell the control or shift it to my mobile laptop rig to give me more functionality in the field.

Can anyone from AVID elaborate on whether it will work in my scenario?
I believe it will work with four Artist Mixes, but it definitely will not work with Artist Control. It's essentially a replacement for Artist Control.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:56 PM

It looks like it may be the better Control but I'm a little concerned there aren't new videos from NAMM. Wasn't it expected in the first quarter of 2016?

Mark
Old 02-16-2016, 05:01 AM

March supposedly

Old 02-16-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
It looks like it may be the better Control but I'm a little concerned there aren't new videos from NAMM. Wasn't it expected in the first quarter of 2016?

Mark
Completely agree. PT Dock was a pretty big deal at AES, and there was no info on it during NAMM. Honestly I was waiting for new videos from NAMM about the Dock. All Avid was talking about was their cloud collaboration. Personally I don't care about any cloud collaboration features.

I wish there were in depth videos about the Dock like there are videos on Avid website about the Artist series controllers. Also I would like a comparison between the Dock and the Artist Control and what exactly makes the Dock better?

Better fader?

8 knobs respond better? Hopefully? ( My artist Mix's 8 knobs are atrocious. I edit all my plugins in flip fader mode - which gives me a great smooth response )
Old 02-16-2016, 10:21 PM

Sweet water magazine just came in the mail today. the dock is in it showing as available for order