How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2000, 09:31 PM

Default SSD generating timecode?

goodday,
two days ago, i need to sync my 3348 to the protools. i am using the SSD to try to generate time code. the sync mode of protools is in internal and SSD is at generating from internal. time code out of SSD is going into 3348 pretty well. but one problem is that i couldn't match the current timecode to my session timecode. so even if the 3348 is following the SSD timecode, it is not in sync with my session time and therefore the materials. so, the question is what's the correct way to generating timecode from protools using SSD. ideas anyone?
Old 09-01-2000, 11:19 PM

Default Re: SSD generating timecode?

I've always had the best luck having ProTools chase the tape machine, incl the 3348. If your session info isn't in sync, change the ProTools session start time in the session setup window… after you enter the new start time you'll get a dialog box asking if you want to stay "locked to timecode" or "maintain relative position". Select "relative position" and you should be up & running fairly easily. Good luck.

Warmest Regards,
Brian