Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2008, 02:01 PM

Default Post-roll stays on input (in Auto-input)?!

Maybe I'm just "Old School", but "Auto-input" to me means when I get out of record (and roll with Post-roll) I should hear playback. Is there a way around the fact that PT's stays on input for a number of seconds during Post-roll? Was this always the case in PT's? It's just a pain if you'd like to know if your transition OUT of a record region works or not.

Tim
Old 09-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Avid

Default Re: Post-roll stays on input (in Auto-input)?!

This seems to happen with all record modes except Destructive Punch. However, Destructive Punch is not practical for an overdub situation obviously. If you lower the DAE playback buffer in the Playback Engine you can reduce the "lag" time when you pucnch out. So, that may be the best workaround for you.

This may just be a software/hardware limitation as the software needs to switch gears and stop writing one file and start reading another file. In Destructive Punch it doesn't have this problem as it it writing into one contiguous file. But, I will see if I can get more information on this...
Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Post-roll stays on input (in Auto-input)?!

I've started having this problem with PT8, I'm sure my monitoring used to switch back to playback?! Now it stays on input during post-roll. Bah!
PT2023.12 - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM - macOS 13.6.3 - UAD-2 Satellite Octo/Apollo 8tb Duo/Apollo 16ii/Prism Lyra 2 - Euphonix Artist Control - All the plugins(!) Waves/PA/Slate/SSL/McDSP/UAD/Kush/SoundToys/Eventide/Softube/NI/PSP/Sonible/BABY/Fabfilter/Sonnox etc.