Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2016, 09:10 AM

Default Auto power on for Artist series ?

Hi Team,

2 questions about my new Artist Mix/Control combination;

1. Is there any way to make them power on when the power is applied (i.e so I don't have to press the power on switches when I power on my Mac?) I invariably forget and this leads to even more delays when trying to get Eucon to seet them after I've booted Pro Tools.

2. Is there any way to specify that the first 8 tracks in a session go to the Artist Mix and then tracks 9-12 go to the Artist control? Currently they always go the other way around and as I have the Artist Control to the right of the Artist Mix this is an annoyance. If not then I'll swap them around.

Thanks

Lizardpoint
Old 04-30-2016, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Auto power on for Artist series ?

1. not that I'm aware of
2. Surfaces tab of Eucontrol has a "My Surfaces" pane. I believe the order is left-to-right, so if you have MC Mix above MC Control, the Control will be on the right.

I have two mixes and a transport, and when I first set them up the mixes were out of order. I believe the above is how I fixed it.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:32 AM

Thanks Mesaone 👍
Old 05-01-2016, 08:22 AM

What mesaone said about about the ordering is correct.

The on/off switches are tied to a relay so you can't really force a power-on. However, you can make it less painful if you end up in ProTools with them off.

If you are in ProTools and you notice your faders haven't moved,

1) Power on all of the control surfaces
2) Go to "Restart EUCON Applications" and select
3) Select "OK" to restart

It will take a few seconds but the EUCON app will reinitialize the control surfaces and ProTools will see the change.

On Windows I have to use this method because with 2 Mix units, 1 Control and a Transport, EUCON when booting will not always pickup the Windows workstation as being available. A quick restart fixes that.

I'm sorry I can't give you better Mac instructions but I believe Restart is available on Mac.

Andy
Old 05-01-2016, 09:06 AM

Where's the "Restart EuControl Applications" menu item? I've been doing it manually from the system tray this whole time.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Where's the "Restart EuControl Applications" menu item? I've been doing it manually from the system tray this whole time.
On Windows 7, it is in the notification area (the upward facing arrow on the lower right side of the desktop).

1) Left mouse buton while over up arrow for notification area (tool help says "Show hidden icons" when hovering)
2) Hover over EuControl icon and press right mouse button
3) Click "Restart EUCON Applications..."
4) Answer "Yes" to "Restart all EUCON applications?"

Andy
Old 05-01-2016, 12:46 PM

Thanks Andy, this is much better than my method of right-clicking the tray icon and selecting quit, then relaunching from an icon on my desktop. I can't believe I didn't know about the better option.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Thanks Andy, this is much better than my method of right-clicking the tray icon and selecting quit, then relaunching from an icon on my desktop. I can't believe I didn't know about the better option.
Happy to help. Since my workstation is never picked up at boot-up with all four surfaces enabled, I always have to remember to restart. Sometimes it takes until I'm in Pro Tools before I remember. So that restart method has been a time saver.

Andy
Old 05-02-2016, 10:33 AM

Just to chime in on Eucon automatically picking up your surface...

Did a clean install with Eucon on my Mac and despite ticking the box for Eucon to automatically find surfaces, it would never find my Artist Control and I'd have to either manually add it or restart Eucon apps. There is an article here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...691?popup=true

and while the article is for a Mac, perhaps being able to delete some Windoze pref files and restarting Eucon will allow it to rebuild a proper preferences way to do things on your system? Mine works perfectly now - finds the surface every time and engages it automatically.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post
Happy to help. Since my workstation is never picked up at boot-up with all four surfaces enabled, I always have to remember to restart. Sometimes it takes until I'm in Pro Tools before I remember. So that restart method has been a time saver.

Andy
Not sure if this will be useful but... I used to have this problem. If I recall correctly going into mscnfg and delaying the start of Eucon fixed it. Eucon was trying to load before bonjour I think was the deal.
Worth mentioning, after clean install of PT12.5 and the latest Eucon drivers I did not have to do that on my rig.
Apollo16 x2; 11 Rack; AxeFX; TwoNotesStudio; Line 6 Pod;
Artist Control, Mix, Transport; Control 1; Axiom49; NI Komplete Control
Amphion ONE15; Focal A50; HR824; and more;

Last edited by WilliebSR; 05-02-2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: clarification