Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Configuration settings for external plugin? HELP!

Okay after an hour of doing this... i am extremely frustrated. I am no newbie to this, i just cant get this!

All i get is a high pitched buzz... real high pitched.

I have the TRS cable coming out of my Tube Preamp. The Tube Pre has 2 inputs and 2 direct outputs. I am using a TRS cable on the line In and line Out of the 2 channels. (I never know whether tip goes on in or ring goes on in and vice versa, but ive tried both ways).

Now the "balanced" cable end goes into inputs 5 and 6 (for example). I Then choose on the channel strip under plug-ins... "I/0 Analog Stereo 5-6". after I choose that i get a high pitched buzz and everything on the preamp is clipping like no other... no signal what so ever. I take the "Analog Stereo 5/6" off the channel strip and it sounds fine and dry.

Basically What i'm trying to do is send certain sounds AFTER Recording into this damn thing to warm them up. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? THIS IS KILLING ME!

Thanx for your help

Daren