Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2010, 03:20 PM

Default Change Nudge Value shortcut broken?

OK, so far I am loving everything about PT9. Seriously awesome in all kinds of ways, so I am not looking to be one of the whiners here .

However today, working on a session here, I am un-able to get the [Command+Option+Plus/Minus (+/–) keys] to work for changing the nudge value.

Plus (+) zooms the screen and minus (-) does nothing.

Just wondering if anyone else sees this or if it's something specific to my system...?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Change Nudge Value shortcut broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra View Post
However today, working on a session here, I am un-able to get the [Command+Option+Plus/Minus (+/–) keys] to work for changing the nudge value.
Working fine here... any plugins open?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 11-09-2010, 03:40 PM

Nudge is always changed with cmd+alt+plus/minus and grid with alt+ctrl+plus/minus. Works here at 9.0.0 and with all previous versions for over a decade.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:06 PM

thanks for replying guys!
I found out that I had somehow turned on zooming in Universal Access (System Prefs)... not sure how that happened, but that uses the same key-commands.

All sorted and working again
Old 06-19-2013, 08:14 AM

Hello, everyone.

I've just found out how to nudge, and also how to control grid values and nudge values from a macbook keyboard. (ctrl+opt+plus and ctrl+cmd+minus)

First of all, you have to download keyremap4macbook. It will also help you with the numpad commands such as 3 for punch in, 7 for metronome, using the fn key.
But it doesn't cover the keypad plus and minus signs (althought it says it does).
Afterwards, you have to create a custom XML configuration file so you can type fn+plus sign on the keyboard and it will remap it to the keypad plus sign, which is the one that triggers nudge related functions.

Here's an example, althought it maybe different in other keyboards, since my keyboard is spanish.

After you've created the xml file, in keyremap you can load the xml file and the new configurations will show up on top. No need for a external keypad.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
<item>
<name>Fn Keyboard + to Keypad +</name>
<identifier>private.swap_keyplus_and_keypadplus</identifier>
<autogen>__KeyToKey__ KeyCode::BRACKET_RIGHT, ModifierFlag::FN, KeyCode::KEYPAD_PLUS</autogen>
</item>

<item>
<name>Fn Keyboard - to Keypad -</name>
<identifier>private.swap_keyminus_and_keypadminu s</identifier>
<autogen>__KeyToKey__ KeyCode::SLASH, ModifierFlag::FN, KeyCode::KEYPAD_MINUS</autogen>
</item>

</root>

Hope it helps!