Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 05:08 PM

Default can\'t specify piano in General MIDI export

I had been exporting General MIDI with pianos and other instruments for months, but suddenly I'm unable to specify a simple piano. Out of a dozen or so instrument tracks with MIDI type notes that used to export just fine, I can specify the instrument for each of them except for the piano--which is strange since the piano is the default instrument. Instead, it sounds almost as though every note of what should be a piano is produced by a different instrument. I've specified Grand Piano in the patch, in the MIDI Events window, tried several exporting to different MIDI channels, but no luck. When I export an individual track, it plays on the QuickTime player as a piano, but I need the entire ensemble as a general MIDI file. It exports as AIFF perfectly. Any ideas as to what might cause this, or what I might try?

I'm using PTLE 7.3.cs1 (Mbox 2) on a dual G5 with OS X 10.4.9, Native Instruments Bandstand plugin for general MIDI playback and AIFF export. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.