Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 08:57 AM

Default Leaking audio from other tracks while recording

Hi anybody,
I need some urgent help!!!
My ptf runs smoothly with my M-Audio 2496 soundcard, but I have the problem that, when I'm trying to record, the audio from the other tracks is recorded onto the track I'm actually recording (hope that makes sense...)
So far I could get round that by panning all the other audio tracks to 100% left and the recording track to 100% right or vice versa. But this is an awkward way of doing it.
I know it didn't do it before, but I moved house and had reinstall everything new and can't remenber now how to set it up properly.
Does it have something to do with 'auto input monitor" in the operations menue? It is selected.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tom

PS: Yes, I mute the the recording channel ;-)
Old 02-05-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Leaking audio from other tracks while recording

I just installed PTFree and started using last night. I am having the same issue. I set up a metronome so I can record some guitar and the clic from the metronome is being recorded on my audio tracks!

I toggled the "Monitor Audio Input" and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have also tried muting the audio track when recording and doesn't help either.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

-Dan-
Old 02-05-2004, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Leaking audio from other tracks while recording

I think I figured out what my problem was.

My signal path was routed incorrectly. I had the output of my sound card running into the aux line in on my guitar preamp. (my thinking was that I could just run my headphones striaght out the of the preamp so I could possibly enjoy some latency free monitoring) What I didn't initally realize, is that the signal was also getting sent right through the preamp and back out the output (connected to the input of the sound card). What tiped my off was that the drums loop I had imported was suddenly getting this cool delay effect at the end of the song (I was running delay on my guitar patch, not the drums).

Amyway. Once I hooked up the headphones directly to the line out, I still get some latency, but nothing a little shifting in pro tools couldn't fix.

Even if this is the free version, it is still very cool!

-Dan-