Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2012, 08:52 AM

Default How do you move virtual instrument libraries to an external HD?

So I'm quickly running out of room on my system HD and I would like to move my instrument libraries for IK, NI, and digi. Problem is I have no idea how to go about this. Can anyone point me in the right directions to how?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 AM

Default Re: How do you move virtual instrument libraries to an external HD?

Simply drag the library folders to the external drive then change the directory within the Plugins.

I.e, drag the IK library folder to the external drive. Open the IK plugin. Go to PREFS > ROOT and change the location to the IK library folder on the ext drive.

Not sure what NI and AIR instruments you have, but the same concept applies. I suggest reading this and this for NI.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:58 PM

Default Re: How do you move virtual instrument libraries to an external HD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Simply drag the library folders to the external drive then change the directory within the Plugins.

I.e, drag the IK library folder to the external drive. Open the IK plugin. Go to PREFS > ROOT and change the location to the IK library folder on the ext drive.

Not sure what NI and AIR instruments you have, but the same concept applies. I suggest reading this and this for NI.
Cool Sounds Good!
So,
Where Are These Folders Located?

And What Kind Of .tag Do They Have?

Thanks I Want To Move Expand ,Vac, Boom And Others .. Like Element From Waves. Any Help Thanks!