Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Major Request for Video Feature In Pro Tools

Hi Digi-folks! I'd like to suggest a major enhancement that the Post production community would love to see added to future Pro Tools version.

Please allow for multiple video tracks in a single session with some sort of track active/inactive state button in each movie's track.

In post production we have to switch back and forth between different versions of digital video while reconforming. If we were able to load multiple movie files into a single session and switch between them with a simple click, our work-flow would be increadibly smoother! Something like a solo button would be great, where activating one movie deactivates all other movie tracks so only one video can play at a time, then users would not have to re-load different movie files every time they needed to switch from one to another.

PLEASE CONSIDER ADDING A FEATURE LIKE THIS TO PRO TOOLS SOON, THE POST PRODUCTION COMMUNITY WOULD LOVE IT!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Major Request for Video Feature In Pro Tools

I agree. also, the ability to just MOVE video too. or even cut it or put in gaps. anythign would be nicer than what we got.

there is a feature request form thats out there that digi will tell you to sumbit. I'll see if i can find it.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I agree. also, the ability to just MOVE video too. or even cut it or put in gaps. anythign would be nicer than what we got.

there is a feature request form thats out there that digi will tell you to sumbit. I'll see if i can find it.
It be here...

http://www.digidesign.com/support/forms/feature/

G5 Dual 1.8 /1.5 Gb Ram
OSX 10.4.7
PT LE 7.3 cs1
DIGI 002
Waves Ren
Sony Bundle
Soundtoys-arama
NI Komplete 3
Old 08-09-2005, 01:51 AM

nice idea but i reckon the chances of it happening are ZERO !!

The other half of the company (Avid) would not be too pleased if images could be cut on a ProTools - there would be no need to buy an Avid if that were the case.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:44 AM

yeah, I know but maybe something similar to a dv toolkit on LE but of course with the expanded functionality we seek, the point being, it be a paid upgrade. we arent talking digitizing or effects, just the ability to add spsace and manipulate a little bit of video.

OK, I'll put the crack pipe down now and file this right in with "core audio" and "audio units" support for pro tools on windows.