Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 AM

Default Digi Please Answer!

Digi, can you confirm that once the Classic Compressor installer issue with PT8 is worked out on your end, I should have auths for ALL 5 compressors with the single Classic Compressors auth that came with Massive Pack 7?

Thank you..
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Digi Please Answer!

Ugh... why don't they reply?
Old 01-06-2009, 12:02 PM

MP7 only came with BF-2A and MC77 NOT the Fairchild or BF-3A
Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead2010 View Post
Ugh... why don't they reply?
You need to read the Help Us Help You thread - it explains why we can't reply to every post...

With that said - no, you won't get any new plug-ins. As Dutchmuzik indicated, MP7 only came with those 2 plug-ins and that won't change with the new authorizations.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:27 PM

Thumbs down Re: Digi Please Answer!

Wow, that is so misleading... You guys really should change the description for the Classic Compressors Bundle on your website!

I am not looking for any NEW plug-ins, I'm simply looking for what I was led to believe I was purchasing when I got the MP7!

If you see the following wouldn't you assume your getting them all?!?!

Classic Compressors Bundle - Bomb Factory BF-2A, Bomb Factory BF-3A, Purple Audio MC77, Fairchild 660 and Fairchild 670 plug-ins.

Bomb Factory Classic Compressors look, sound, and work just like the real thing. Whether you're just learning to use compression or a seasoned pro polishing a final mix, you'll love these time-proven designs.

Bomb Factory BF-2A
The Bomb Factory BF-2A is modeled after one of the most popular compressors in the industry — the renowned LA-2A. The Bomb Factory BF-2A tube compressor plug-in’s vintage sound delivers incredible warmth and classic compression with the convenience and flexibility that only a software plug-in can offer.

Bomb Factory BF-3A
A prized component of the award-winning Classic Compressors line, the Bomb Factory BF-3A plug-in adds a smoothness and sonic texture that makes sounds jump right out of the mix. Famous for its unique sonic imprint on guitar, piano, vocals and drums, the Bomb Factory BF-3A sounds great on any voice or instrument and is an ideal go-to leveling amplifier for all your Pro Tools projects.

Purple Audio MC77
The Purple Audio MC77 is meticulously modeled and personally approved by Andrew Roberts of Purple Audio, Inc. It is a spot-on digital replica of Roberts’ acclaimed MC77 Limiting Amplifier, which in turn is an update of his classic MC76 hardware unit. Representing a different take on the 1176-style FET limiter, Purple Audio MC77 gives you access to all the goodness of the original with the convenience and flexibility only a plug-in can offer.

Fairchild 660 and 670
Designed in the early 1950s, the Fairchild 660 and 670 are variable-mu limiters. Variable-mu designs use an unusual form of vacuum tube that is capable of changing its gain dynamically. The result? In addition to featuring a tube output stage like the BF-2A, the Fairchild actually achieves gain reduction through the use of tubes! Of course, Bomb Factory's no-compromise replicas capture every detail of these legendary pieces of studio gear.

Complete BS.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:25 PM

This is what MP 7 Included

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
MassivePack 7 and MassivePack Pro 7 include the following core plug-ins:
• Abbey Road Brilliance Pack
• Brainworx bx_digital
• Eventide Omnipressor**
• Flux Epure II
• GRM Tools Classic TDM Bundle
• Softube Acoustic Feedback Deluxe
• TC Electronic MD3 Stereo Mastering
• URS M series EQ Bundle

Plus, customers choose eight additional plug-ins from the following:
• Bomb Factory Classic Compressors Bundle
• Bomb Factory Moogerfooger® Bundle
• Bomb Factory Voce® Bundle
• Digidesign Eleven™
• Digidesign Hybrid™
• Digidesign Impact®
• Digidesign Reel Tape™ Suite
• Digidesign ReVibe®
• Digidesign X-Form®
• Trillium Lane Labs TL Drum Rehab™
• Trillium Lane Labs TL Space™—TDM Edition

In addition, MassivePack Pro 7 includes:
• Pro Tools HD Accel Card (for PCI or PCIe)
• TC Electronic Master X3
• TC-Helicon Harmony4
At the time MP7 was released the Classic Compressor bundle was NOT comprised of more than two plugs. It used to be BF-2A and Purple Audio only.
Then at some point (did not know that until now) they upgraded the bundle to contain more compressors.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:32 PM

Thanks for the info... I feel better that I'm not imagining this...

I just activated my MP7 the other day...

I choose to go with the bundle because of the description on Digi's website which clearly states you get all 5.

They should have clearly stated otherwise when choosing the CC bundle product...

I guess I'm screwed! Go Digi!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Avid

Quote:
They should have clearly stated otherwise when choosing the CC bundle product...
You know, on this point I completely agree. They should have changed the name when they updated the bundle - it would make things so much easier. I'm going to go raise a little....awareness about why it's important to differentiate bundles when they are changed.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:46 AM

Thanks for your support.