Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 08:39 AM

Default DIGI - What\'s up with WIZOO products?

I'm wondering what the plans are for the WIZOO product line: WizooVerb W2 Reverb, WizooVerb W5 5.1 Surround Reverb, Darbuka, Latigo.

Are there plans to further develop and/or support these products?

Will the technology be rolled into some other product? Say... a software sampler

W5 looks like an intersting product, but only runs under VST. I'm not anxious to venture into a product with no future.

Can you comment at all on these?

Thanks

Ray
Old 06-23-2006, 11:22 AM

Default Re: DIGI - What\'s up with WIZOO products?

Does no comment mean "No Comment"?

Or "We bought the company only to get the staff"?

Or "We don't know"?

Old 06-23-2006, 11:37 AM

I agree since the products Latigo and the other percussion tools are currently for sale at music stores for $300+ it seems they should fix them to work as advertised or refund money to customers who bought these products.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:28 PM

From the Wizoo Homepage
Quote:
Wizoo has become the Advanced Instruments Research Group and is working to create next-generation synthesis and sampling instruments that will be directly integrated into the Pro Tools® environment.
and
Quote:
Recently released Wizoo-branded products Darbuka, Latigo, Wizooverb W2, and Wizooverb W5 will continue to be distributed worldwide through Digidesign's M-Audio business unit.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 06-24-2006, 05:25 AM

Yes, thanks, I've seen that. However, these have not been "RTAS Optimized" according to Digi's own Compatibility Grid .

And WizooVerb W5, a 5.1 Surround Impulse Response Reverb, owned (now) by Digidesign, is VST only. A bit ironic, I think.

They used to list W5 as "compatible with Pro Tools", but didn't mention it was only "compatible" in stand-alone mode, and short of installing it on, and routing it through, a separate computer, no real way to interface with PT. Now it's not even on the grid.

I'm not out to bust anyone's chops. I'd just like to know if these are going to be developed and supported beyond their current 1.0 release. Since the Wizoo guys who developed these are now sequestered away in the AIR group, it kind of leaves these other products up in the air.

Ray
Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 PM

Bump...

About time Digi brought this plugs back in from the cold.

Darbuka and Latigo deserve to run on Intel Chips...
Old 08-02-2008, 02:16 PM

easiest thing for Latigo and Darbuka are to old these libraries into Strike as expansion packs
Old 08-02-2008, 03:06 PM

Well Wizoo is now the A.I.R Team. Conversely, after digi bought them they just discarded two of the greatest drum products ever made - Darbuka and Latigo. They blew the version over to M-Audio and after I spoke to them and asked them about future versions and compato they simply offered me my money back...

So to me it look like they are going to kill those things off.... Too bad they did not take them into to the AIR development - at least then AIR would have had TWO VIs of quality instead of this sorry package they are featuring now.

Seems like ALL the great German Music software companies being bought off start making funny products. First Emagic and now Wizoo
Old 10-14-2010, 03:50 PM

Default Re: DIGI - What's up with WIZOO products?

Is there no way Latigo will run in Pro Tools 8? When I try to open it in Pro Tools I get a message telling me to run the "Set Location" app (code 0x01) and re-start. When I try doing this and clicking the app it just gives me a location and does nothing at all! I can bypass this message but when I try to register with the bona fide serial number it goes to the Wizoo error page saying the number is wrong and telling me to email Wizoo!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:06 PM

Default Re: DIGI - What's up with WIZOO products?

if you want wizoo-like reverb you might wanna chack out reverberate. the makers are big fan of wizoo verb and now they make rtas version of reverberate.

http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_reverberate.htm

as for latigo , i know a friend who uses some sort of virtualizer so he can run PPC stuff on his leopard intel mac. ill ask again, cause i forgot the details.