Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2000, 12:32 AM

Default Digi001 in Live Performance

Are people using Digi 001 systems in a live performance context? (e.g. rhythm tracks without say, vocals & guitar) Is it reliable enough? Are there better ways?

(I posted a similar question earlier and received no response, perhaps because of a misleading topic title "Track Dates", if it was because it is a dumb question, my apologies...)
Old 08-22-2000, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Digi001 in Live Performance

I do solo work, but I wouldn't dream of hauling thousands of dollars worth of expensive, sensitive studio gear around with me. If you have 001, then you obviously have a cd burner. Download your backing tracks to cd, take your cd player to the gig with you,
and...BANG...insta-band.
Now, if you were recording the gig for some reason, different story. But if you're just talking about
back-up-band-in-a- box...KISS (keep it simple, stupid)
...no offense intended...
Old 08-22-2000, 10:39 AM

Yes!
I use a 001, Powerbook G3/400, Magma 2 -slot expansion chassis, VST 45 GIG Firewire drive. Either ProTools or Logic depending on the complexity, track count, etc. Before this setup, I was using 2408, Powerbook G3/266, Magma 2-slot ,9 GIG Barracuda. The new setup is much faster and much more compact. Fits in my Apple backpack or Andiamo computer case. I've mentioned this stuff before. Search the DUC for Powerbook.
Old 08-22-2000, 10:43 AM

Yes!
I use a 001, Powerbook G3/400, Magma 2 -slot expansion chassis, VST 45 GIG Firewire drive. Either ProTools or Logic depending on the complexity, track count, etc. Before this setup, I was using 2408, Powerbook G3/266, Magma 2-slot ,9 GIG Barracuda. The new setup is much faster and much more compact. Fits in my Apple backpack or Andiamo computer case. I've mentioned this stuff before. Search the DUC for Powerbook.
Old 08-22-2000, 08:23 PM

Hi,Darrell Diaz. Can you tell me how many audio track/Plug-in can you use with your system? If you can i want to know about both ProTools and Logic. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2000, 06:23 AM

MAri,

I don't use plug-ins live so I can't answer that question, but I regularly play back 24 tracks with ProTools LE and up to 25 stereo tracks in Logic.
Old 08-25-2000, 07:43 AM

I think I've mentioned elsewhere that I intend on using my Digi live for a performance I am putting together. In this instance, it is not practical to use CD for backup for two reasons.

1. Backing is mixed in 5 channel surround, played through custom 5 channel PA.

2. We need midi to lock sequencers, analog arpeggiators and video to the backing track.

Having said this, I haven't yet performed with the Digi live yet, but it will be used for all rehearsals for about six months before the first show to thoroughly test it's reliability. Hopefully I don't get any 'exploding' sounds where they are not wanted. I haven't experienced this to date and hope all stays this way