Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Exclamation Pro Tools wont open on Mac

Hello everyone. I have recently enrolled in school so I purchased a Macbook Pro and Mbox 2 that came with Pro Tools 7.4. I have upgraded my Pro Tools to 8.0 with the free upgrade that was emailed to me, and then fully updated it to the latest version 8.03 from the website. The following is the computers' specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

Version 10.6.4 Max OS X is installed.

I have my Mbox 2, M-Audio keyboard, mouse and keyboard currently connected through USB to my computer.

Now, when I click on the Pro Tools icon to launch, the DigiTranslator window pops up and asks to authorize, I just click 'quit'. The program then continues to load. Sometimes the program will stop responding as it is loading, and I have managed to get as far as the Quick Start menu where I can choose what kind of session I wish to create.

This is as far as I have gotten and can not progress further because Pro Tools stops responding, so I usually End up force quitting and trying again.

I have had this same issue since version 7.4 of Pro Tools, and figured maybe I just need to update my OS X, but it is fully updated. So I decided to update my Pro Tools and every version of Pro Tools up to 8.03 gave me the same problem. I have spent weeks reading up on other peoples' similar issues, but I can't seem to find a solution that will work for me.

Please help me or point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools wont open on Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroslag View Post
Hello everyone. I have recently enrolled in school so I purchased a Macbook Pro and Mbox 2 that came with Pro Tools 7.4. I have upgraded my Pro Tools to 8.0 with the free upgrade that was emailed to me, and then fully updated it to the latest version 8.03 from the website. The following is the computers' specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

Version 10.6.4 Max OS X is installed.

I have my Mbox 2, M-Audio keyboard, mouse and keyboard currently connected through USB to my computer.

Now, when I click on the Pro Tools icon to launch, the DigiTranslator window pops up and asks to authorize, I just click 'quit'. The program then continues to load. Sometimes the program will stop responding as it is loading, and I have managed to get as far as the Quick Start menu where I can choose what kind of session I wish to create.

This is as far as I have gotten and can not progress further because Pro Tools stops responding, so I usually End up force quitting and trying again.

I have had this same issue since version 7.4 of Pro Tools, and figured maybe I just need to update my OS X, but it is fully updated. So I decided to update my Pro Tools and every version of Pro Tools up to 8.03 gave me the same problem. I have spent weeks reading up on other peoples' similar issues, but I can't seem to find a solution that will work for me.

Please help me or point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Sounds like incompatible plugins.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 AM

my mac has 2 usb ports, but the mac keyboard has one on either side, so i use one side for the mouse, the other side has my M-audio keyboard plugged in it.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:41 AM

downloading 8.04 right now, and i will install it. ill let you know what happens.