Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2004, 11:46 PM

Default Hard disk recording: choosing drive

Ho,
I'm trying to import some audio. How can I change the HD destination? In order to avoid problems I think it'll be better use an external one.
I've just made some tries and, after some minutes, I get this message:

the operating system held off fot too long; If this occurr often, try incresing the H/W Buffer size in the Playback Engine Dialog (-9094)

What does this exactly means?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best Regards,

Angelo Andina
Old 07-28-2004, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Hard disk recording: choosing drive

The "HD Destination" is set by the "Disk allocation" option (that goes for recording, consolidate and audiosuite processing). In the case of import, it's a little different, since you should be prompted to choose the destination.
As far as the error message is concerned, it's another problem. Take a look in the answerbase (simply type "9094"), there are plenty reasons why you can get that kind of message.
Good luck.