Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2002, 09:23 AM

Default Avid file compatibility... HELP!

Hi! I have the following silly problem. My customer does video editing on an AVID DVXpress (PC based). I do sound post for him on my PT system (G4, PT5.1)... When I finish my editing, I bounce to disk creating a WAV 16/48 file for him to import, and burn a CD. He can open the file on QT or any other similar stuff on his PC, but cannot import the file into AVID. I have resorted to bounce to disk enforcing AVID compatibility and that works, but any idea why a simple WAV 16/48 won´t do? Thanks!
Old 05-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Avid

Default Re: Avid file compatibility... HELP!

Hi Don,

If your working with interchange stuff with people using AVID systems you'd be much happier with ProTools 5.1.3 and Digitranslator 2.0 rather than ProTools 5.1. That aside....

Instead of "enforce avid compatbility mode" which is only available on ProTools 5.1.3 while creating OMF files, you must be talking about "enforce mac/pc compatiblity". What that does is simply make sure that the naming conventions for PCs apply to the files your creating on macs.

Bryan
Digi Tech Support
Old 05-17-2002, 01:57 AM

thanks for your reply...

I meant "avid compatibility" set in the preferences menu...

I have spoken to other Avid DV Xpress users since then and it appears they have also had problems importing files created on a Mac based PT...

Thanks for your help!

Donpietra
Old 05-17-2002, 02:29 AM

I don't know why the ExpressDV doesn't accept a PT wave file. If you don't want to use the "Avid Compatibility Mode/Bounce" option, you might try AIFF instead. Or you could upgrade to 5.1.3 w/ DigiTranslator 2.0 and get "Export Selected Regions as Files" w/ Avid Compatibility mode (in addition to bounce) which is a little more convenient in some cases than bouncing.