Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2024, 11:00 AM

Default Echo on new session

Hi. When I open a new session there's this horrendous echo or reverb that shows up on the click track, default groove cell, and anything I record. The last time it happened I uninstalled PT and re-installed it, and it was OK. I only open it every month or so and now the problem has returned. Anybody encountered this and have an idea of how to solve? Thank you.

Edit/update:

I'm using PT Artist on Windows 11.

Just got this error message: "Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue. If this occurs often, verify your sync cables or try changing the HW Buffer Size setting in the Playback Engine dialog. In most cases, a larger HW buffer size will prevent the problem. (AAE -9093)

When I set buffer to 1024 the echo decreases but is still there.

Last edited by Steve Db; 03-24-2024 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Echo on new session

You haven’t provided enough information about your setup to determine a cause.

This is most likely a routing issue or doubling up of monitoring between Pro Tools and your interface. More info is needed.
Old 03-24-2024, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Echo on new session

Welcome to the forum. It does sound like a setup or configuration problem, maybe both. Unfortunately without any information about your setup including the audio interface you are using, it’s difficult to offer possible solutions besides guessing what might be happening.

Please read through the Help Us Help You thread, where you will find general setup, troubleshooting and posting system information instructions.

From what you have posted, it would seem like whatever you are using as an interface can not process audio quickly enough. Without more information, it’s hard to guess why.

System Details