Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2024, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Print score fails

Avid support is frustratingly bad with these annoying time wasting, clearly irrelevant questions.

Ah Yes the details of the playback engine are really going to affect printing. I had that same nonsense recently with a simple generic UI problem that could not possibly be related to playback engine. I gave up and closed the support case, less pain than dealing with support, and oh well Avid may miss out on having a bug documented. Some of the worst front-line support I've seen from any company.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:58 AM

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
In that window, please choose to save the score as PDF instead of printing.
Then open the saved PDF and print.
I will report this as an issue, and we will address it in a future release.

Kind regards,
Marian Bogdan

Oh joy I’m paying for something that’s broken!
Old 02-01-2024, 05:36 AM

I don't see any details in your post, so which version of PT are you using and which OS?

I'm running the latest version of PT on Windows 11, and this is not an issue for me.

If you are on Windows, after pressing print from the preview window, do you see the job in the Windows print queue?
I'm not sure how it works on Mac, but I would assume there is something similar.

System Details
Old 02-01-2024, 06:22 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiplex View Post
I’m unable to print a score to my network printer via wireless. Anyone else have issues? I created a ticket last week but they didn’t respond
Hi! David here from the Avid community. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our customer support. Can you message me the case number along with the details of the issue so I can assist you? Thanks!
Old 02-01-2024, 07:10 AM

I've had the same issue for a couple pro tools versions. I just save it as a PDF then it prints. I usually end up making PDF's anyway for the clients later on. So it's hasn't really messed me up. But it would be nice to have it working as it should.

HDX Pro Tools 2023.6
Lynx Aurora (n) 32
2 Avid S1's
Old 03-14-2024, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
I can successfully print a score sent to my wireless printer. What is the error you are seeing?
There isn’t an error it just doesn’t spool to the printer. Another user friend said it’s a known issue with wireless printers and only attached printers print.