Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2014, 01:19 PM

Default This NanoKontrol2 issue is driving me nuts

A while ago, I managed to get my Korg nanoKontrol 2 working with protools 8. I simply slected HUI and it was working for a long time flawlessly. I had to rebuild my PC, and now I cannot get the nanoKontrol 2 working.

In stalled the latest driver from the Korg site. When I do that, Pro Tools does not even see the nanoKontrol 2 as a divide under Peripheral set up.

When I roll back the Korg driver and use the windows driver, Pro Tools sees the device and allows me to slect it under as a HUI divide, but the nanoKontrol 2 does not move any of my sliders in Pro Tools2.

I don't remember how I had this set up a while back when it was working .

Any advice?

I am using Windows 7 64 bit with M-Audio Fast Track Ultra.

Thank-you!!!!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:51 PM

Default Re: This NanoKontrol2 issue is driving me nuts

Have you downloaded the Kontrol Editor and made sure your nanokontrol is set up properly?

Once you do that, maybe this can help: http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...-in-pro-tools/

Pay particular attention to Step 2, which is necessary to set the controller to HUI mode (which is what allows it to control Pro Tools):

Quote:
2. Hold down set marker and play while plugging USB cable into NanoKontrol2 from your computer.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:33 AM

Thank-you. I had tried all those steps. The editor installs properly, but it still does not solve my problem. I also followed the sequence described in the other document.

Still no luck.

Thank-you for the suggestions though.

I wonder if it has to do with Windows 7, because I am also trying to get a USB floppy drive to work and it won't. It works on my firends XP computer but not mine.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:34 AM

i know sometimes I have to go to the Setup/MIDI/Input Devices pulldown if HUI devices dont show up. On Mac anyways
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal D View Post
Thank-you. I had tried all those steps. The editor installs properly, but it still does not solve my problem. I also followed the sequence described in the other document.

Still no luck.

Thank-you for the suggestions though.

I wonder if it has to do with Windows 7, because I am also trying to get a USB floppy drive to work and it won't. It works on my firends XP computer but not mine.
I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the "floppy drive" thing...I believe XP was the last Windows version that supported them...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh