Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 AM

Default Some Freebie VST's worth considering

For those of you looking for some inexpensive or free VST plug-ins, you might consider these from Togu Audio Line. Computer Music mag has made some of these available on the DVD they include with each month's magazine as well. They have just released their TAL Reverb II, which is really quite nice. It has some really nice, warm sounding plate reverb fx which are great on vocal tracks. I tried it out last night and actually liked it better than the reverb I was originally using. The TAL REverb I was nice, too. I've also made use of the TAL Filter, which is fun little filter plug-in with some nice LFO effects, as well as the TAL Elek7ro, which is great for bass sounds. Lots of control and good clean sound. The others are good, too.

If you have the FXpansion VST wrapper, then give these a whirl.