Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 09:00 PM

Default session must be on an audio record volume

I just posted and I got an responce from from digi and they said to click seach b/c digi said that this comes up thousands of times witch there was alot of simalar ones but not one was my problem............... when i go to open a session it doen't let me b/c it says "session must be on an audio record volume"
Old 05-17-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: session must be on an audio record volume

I am having the same problem as we speak on my Digi firewire drive ...I am using PT 6.4 and MacOs X 3.9 Please Help
Old 05-17-2005, 09:57 AM

Go to "workspace" window and check that the drive is set to "R"
Old 05-17-2005, 10:04 AM

Thank you, I am OK now
Old 05-17-2005, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I just posted and I got an responce from from digi and they said to click seach b/c digi said that this comes up thousands of times witch there was alot of simalar ones but not one was my problem............... when i go to open a session it doen't let me b/c it says "session must be on an audio record volume"
i have to say the search feature in this forum is pretty lame. if you actually searched for that text string, you *would* get a million hits, simply by the word "audio" or "record", but in fact none of them are the answer to your question.

my question is: what about audio playback volumes? i can't switch them in workspace, it gives an error message that the drive or partition is not a valid audio playback volume. what constitutes validity in this respect?
PT 2022.10
UAD-2 Apollo Quad, PCIE and Satellite
Old 05-17-2005, 12:50 PM

thank you sosososo much big help
Old 05-17-2005, 12:56 PM

I had recently been getting this same message after moving my mbox from one lap top (mac) to another (mac). I was ( am ) using 6.4. I went and downloaded the 6.4 version again and suddenly everything started to work normally again
I hope this helps
Old 05-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Avid

Quote:

i have to say the search feature in this forum is pretty lame. if you actually searched for that text string, you *would* get a million hits, simply by the word "audio" or "record", but in fact none of them are the answer to your question.
I don't know exactly how you're searching, but I just tested this and, by typing in "audio record volume" (including the quotes, as indicated in the 'Advanced Search Tip' link above the field) in the search field, selecting the 'Pro Tools LE Systems on Mac OS..' and searching for posts newer than 2 weeks, the 11th link down the page is directly related to this issue, as are many, many more. Obviously you want to skip posts that are in the same thread as this and the relevant thread is only 2 or 3 down from the end of the links to this thread.

Hopefully this information will assist you in obtaining relevant results when doing searches in the future.

As for the question regarding 'valid' audio volumes - the drive must be in internal ATA, SATA or IDE drive or a compatible external drive and it must be formatted using the OSX Disk Utility as a Mac OS Extended/HFS+ volume. Beyond that, if you are still getting the error, it could be caused by disk corruption or a drive that is going bad.

If you continue to get the error and your drive meets the above requirements, please post your complete system profile so we can look into it.