Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2014, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Anybody knows a reverse-engineering hacker round here ??? :)
Old 02-15-2014, 07:44 PM

Default Re: No Problems! Just saying hi!

hi and welcome to the DUC.

yes, it's nice when there are no problems. unfortunately when people have real problems, and their voices become too loud, they get deliberately buried in the DUC cemetary so that new users will not see or hear them.

i speak about the fact that the Control|24 & Pro Control PT11 Driver discussion was moved to an old "legacy" part of the discussion board. that thread is one of the most-discussed and highest-viewed threads in the entire history of the DUC, and it has in fact collected 1,690 comments, and 90,951 views as of today.

here is the forum it was moved to:
http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

it is the top subject in that forum. it was previously the top subject in this forum until the DUC admin claimed it was too "distracting" for Pro Tools 11 users.

the Control|24 & Pro Control users have even offered to collectively pay anywhere upwards of $1000 each per driver to have one written for Pro Tools 11, but no positive response yet.

the only real comment on the thread from an Avid representative looks false . . . made by Tony Cariddi, the Avid Audio Marketing Director. he claims that Pro Tools 11 was "re-written from the ground up with 64-bit code". if it was true, then why does Pro Tools 11 still have many of the same legacy bugs that have carried over from Pro Tools 10?

Pro Tools 11 was obviously just a code-conversion . . . which means that the Control|24 & Pro Control drivers could be converted too.

N.B. they moved this post to this forum / thread

Last edited by controlfader; 02-16-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: the thread was moved from it's original forum
Old 02-16-2014, 11:05 AM

i added a post to this thread:
http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2132762&postcount=20

Last edited by controlfader; 02-16-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: they moved this post to this forum / thread
Old 02-16-2014, 11:55 AM

Now that the fanfare and dust has settled on the S6 release and the pricing us out, I think its pretty safe to say that nobody who currently owns a control 24 of Pro Control will be dropping $22k on the smallest 8 fader configuration.

So Avid how about giving all of these hundreds (if not thousands) of loyal customers some quality service and put together something you already know how to do (as you have done for the C|24 ) .
I assure you, waiting until someone else does it and makes it HUI compatible and work with every DAW really won't please you.
Make money from what you already know how to do!

Avid needs revenue, write a driver and sell it, it will be the most lucrative piece of software writing you have done outside of PT itself !

PT10HD5 PCIX in 64Bit Magma Chassis,
2x192io's + 2x96io's & Legacy io's
Pro Control & Fader Pack
UAD2 Quad, Octo & All Plugins
Black Lion Audio Modified MOTU 24io and 2408MK3 x2
TC Powercore PCI MK2 x2 & Firewire

Softube, Sonnox, Eventide, SSL, McDSP, Waves
Old 02-16-2014, 03:02 PM

The new S-3 is on it's way, it will replace the newer C24.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 02-16-2014, 03:13 PM

Default Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

They're blowing-off the Artist series and will be rolling out the S3 (non-live variant) relatively soon.

I will then decide if I grab one or get a used C|24 to replace my trusty ole PC (which have paid for itself in the last 15 years. )

Times they are a-changing...

Darryl Ramm
Old 02-16-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
The new S-3 is on it's way, it will replace the newer C24.
Any info om this Barry? Would be really inyeresting to see what is on the horizon as we are gonna swap out the Artist series on our Midi Production room and before we look too much at the new Namm stuff and maybe even buy something I would like to see what this S3 is and how long it is gonna take before it comes out

Best Regards
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-16-2014, 03:23 PM

Default Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Christopher,

For a composing/midi setup, you might also want to consider a small Slate controller (or the app+driver Shan is coming with). I would (prefer to) not mix records/post on it but have used it at a client (composer) studio and the option of having direct hands on control of the VIs & VEP interface is nice.

Darryl Ramm
Old 02-16-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundcontrol View Post
Christopher,

For a composing/midi setup, you might also want to consider a small Slate controller (or the app+driver Shan is coming with). I would (prefer to) not mix records/post on it but have used it at a client (composer) studio and the option of having direct hands on control of the VIs & VEP interface is nice.
Hi

That is a great idea actually and I an waitning for that new Controller software but I really love the Slate MTX (Smaller one) as it looks pretty sweet in size and the design of it, also several people here have great success with it so Thanks for the info. Gonna have a look at Slate also

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-16-2014, 04:42 PM

Default Re: No Problems! Just saying hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlfader View Post
hi and welcome to the DUC.

yes, it's nice when there are no problems. unfortunately when people have real problems, and their voices become too loud, they get deliberately buried in the DUC cemetary so that new users will not see or hear them.

i speak about the fact that the Control|24 & Pro Control PT11 Driver discussion was moved to an old "legacy" part of the discussion board. that thread is one of the most-discussed and highest-viewed threads in the entire history of the DUC, and it has in fact collected 1,690 comments, and 90,951 views as of today.

here is the forum it was moved to:
http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

it is the top subject in that forum. it was previously the top subject in this forum until the DUC admin claimed it was too "distracting" for Pro Tools 11 users.

the Control|24 & Pro Control users have even offered to collectively pay anywhere upwards of $1000 each per driver to have one written for Pro Tools 11, but no positive response yet.

the only real comment on the thread from an Avid representative looks false . . . made by Tony Cariddi, the Avid Audio Marketing Director. he claims that Pro Tools 11 was "re-written from the ground up with 64-bit code". if it was true, then why does Pro Tools 11 still have many of the same legacy bugs that have carried over from Pro Tools 10?

Pro Tools 11 was obviously just a code-conversion . . . which means that the Control|24 & Pro Control drivers could be converted too.

Thank you very much for the time and effort you have put into this update. As such a disservice is being perpetrated by Avid on their customers, those same people are managing to support each other with the truth and I find it very touching, not to mention useful.