Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2003, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Where to rent studio gear?

Most rental companies will ship gear anywhere in the world if they're paid enough and they have the right coverage and credentials from the renter. You may want to check with your local gear store if they'll rent gear for evaluation purposes. There are stores in LA that will loan gear for 30 days to qualified customers for evaluation.

Where are you located?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 02-27-2003, 06:58 PM

Default Where to rent studio gear?

Is there a company that rents studio gear such as higher end mic pre's, compressors, mics, etc...

I would like to try out some things like an Avalon AD2022, Great River MP-2NV, Apogee Roestta and a few other pieces before I buy. I'm sure in places like LA, NY, or Nashville it would be easy to find someone who rents this gear to local people. I'm looking for someone who rents gear and will ship it to me. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck
Old 02-27-2003, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blsmx8:
Is there a company that rents studio gear such as higher end mic pre's, compressors, mics, etc...

I would like to try out some things like an Avalon AD2022, Great River MP-2NV, Apogee Roestta and a few other pieces before I buy. I'm sure in places like LA, NY, or Nashville it would be easy to find someone who rents this gear to local people. I'm looking for someone who rents gear and will ship it to me. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Chuck,
Check out www.performanceaudio.com
If these guys can't get it to you they can give you the names of places in LA that can.
Allen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2003, 08:03 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm in VA and the closest place that would have the gear in stock if I wanted to go and check it out is probably 6-8hrs. away. I think it would be better to try it here at home in my studio.

Chuck
Old 02-27-2003, 09:38 PM

Quote:

Thanks,

Chuck
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Chuck,

I know what you mean, I am in Columbia, MD, and even around here it's tough. Can I make a recommendation? Go read the reviews on the RNPs and VTB1s. I've been EXTREMELY impressed with the VTB1s I bought, and for the price, I just picked up a 'couple' and put more money into the mics. I'll be a Studio Projects and Rodes poster boy for a while, but it's a good way to still get a really good sound and continue growing that mic collection.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:35 AM

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if Chuck Levins rents studio gear? They are probably the closest dealer who would carry gear like I'm looking for. I wish there was a music store like that around here, I would live there!

Chuck
Old 02-28-2003, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if Chuck Levins rents studio gear? They are probably the closest dealer who would carry gear like I'm looking for. I wish there was a music store like that around here, I would live there!

Chuck
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know they rent gear, but I think it's mainly geared towards live sound reinforcement, definitely not what you would be looking for. The other thing you could do is give the guys at www.mercenary.com a call. I'm sure they would make arrangements with you if they have a check sitting in their hands, plus, they know their stuff.....

Kevin