Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2006, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Plug-in tips

Quote:
Hi Dave,

VENUE features delay compensation delay compensation, which makes it possible to mix a direct channel w/ a heavily processed bus channel without any comb filtering / phasing.

Sheldon
I'm already doing that for some stuff. I'm just wondering what some other approaches to doing this might be without using a bus on a single vocal. I have some events where I need those buses and can't afford to dedicate one to a single vocal, yet I would like to get the effect and have a few open channels to use.

Scovill's the one who got me started on the thing so I figured I'd ask him.

Dave
Old 04-06-2006, 11:19 PM

Dave,

If you have open Auxes, you can compress from the Aux send and return it to an open FX return which is bused to the same group as the rest of the vocals.

Erik
Old 04-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Avid

On parallel channels you can dial in the a delay on the one with less latency using the delay knob. Set delay to display in samples, then click in the delay field and use the up/down arrows on the USB keyboard to adjust in one sample increments.

Also, right-clicking on a plug-in thumbnail in the rack will display it's reported latency to help you zero in on the exact amount of delay you'll need to apply to your early channel.

-Matt
Old 05-27-2006, 10:10 AM

Default Echo Farm

I have experienced a problem with the Echo Farm plug-in. Whenever, the tempo is changed in the middle of a song it makes a "glitching" sound. I guess that it has to do with emulation of echo tape units, but it also does it with the "digital delay" module. For some engineers this is unacceptable and they opt for an exteral delay unit.

Is there a way out of it? Are we doing something wrong?

And yes Sheldon, a "tap button" on the board would be nice (or even a footswitch).
Old 05-28-2006, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Echo Farm

Quote:
I have experienced a problem with the Echo Farm plug-in. Whenever, the tempo is changed in the middle of a song it makes a "glitching" sound. I guess that it has to do with emulation of echo tape units, but it also does it with the "digital delay" module. For some engineers this is unacceptable and they opt for an exteral delay unit.

Is there a way out of it? Are we doing something wrong?

And yes Sheldon, a "tap button" on the board would be nice (or even a footswitch).
Check the "time ramp" button. Try the different settings for that, and see if one of them works better for you.

Dave
Old 05-28-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Echo Farm

[quote
Check the "time ramp" button. Try the different settings for that, and see if one of them works better for you.

Dave

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dave, I'll check it out.