Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Default Help - PT 8.0 Upgrade - A couple of strange issues

I just upgraded to PT 8 - the downloadable version - from 7.4 and everything seems to have gone smoothly save for a couple of niggling issues.

The first is that now every time I launch PT I'm being asked to enter my authorization code. An annoyance, but I can work with it until I get it resolved.

The second is a bit more problematic. PT 8 is not seeing my 002 Rack as a MIDI device. All of the audio communication is working properly. I followed all of the procedures for installation explicitly, including uninstalling the previous version of PT, and have tried to install a second time to be certain. I've also tried all of the usually suggested solutions - trashing prefs, digi databases, etc., to no avail.

I'm running the top of the line Creation Station from Sweetwater (XP Pro, SP 3, Intel Core 2 Quad, Q6600 at 2.4 GHz and 3 GB RAM on board), optimized for Pro Tools, that ran 7.4 without a hitch prior to the upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have.

Cheers,

Jeff
35 Tripp Street, Studio 4
Framingham, MA 01702
Phone: 508.370.3811
Email: [email protected]
Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Avid

Default Re: Help - PT 8.0 Upgrade - A couple of strange issues

Is the MMERefresh service running (in the System Configuration Utility, via MSCONFIG)?

If not, that's likely the reason for not seeing any MIDI Ports. You can find the MMERefresh application in your Pro Tools folder - try double clicking on it and see if the MIDI ports then show up in Pro Tools.

Also, can you look in the Device Manager and see if the 002 Audio and MIDI devices are showing up properly?

Regarding the authorization code - I think we may want to put this one ahead of the other issue and do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Pro Tools. Before reinstalling, do all the optimizations in the General Troubleshooting thread, as it will likely make the installation go more smoothly.

After reinstallation, if you still see the MIDI problem, check the first things in this reply, then post a Sandra report if you're unable to resolve the issue. You'll also want to make sure you do all necessary plug-in updates.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I'll have a go at it as soon as I have a hole in my schedule and report back with the results. Meantime I've restored from the PT 7.4 backup of my system and all is running as normal on the current project.
35 Tripp Street, Studio 4
Framingham, MA 01702
Phone: 508.370.3811
Email: [email protected]
Old 01-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyMajeau View Post
Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I'll have a go at it as soon as I have a hole in my schedule and report back with the results. Meantime I've restored from the PT 7.4 backup of my system and all is running as normal on the current project.
A word of advice for newbies; NEVER upgrade or update anything in the middle of a project. Or, have a backup plan(which the OP did and he gets props for that).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-15-2010, 08:20 PM

Any Solution??

This issue exists on the Mac Side too

Pro Tools 8, Digi 003 and Quad Mac Pro

wtf