Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2008, 07:54 AM

Default Project Mix and M-Powered

Hi,
i am currently looking at purchasing the M-Audio Project Mix to start a small pro tools set up.

I have read around on this site and a few others, and i just have a quick question about the requirements to run both the Project Mix and Pro Tools M-Powered.
From what i have read i believe that i have the right spec on my PC to run both, but just to confirm:

My PC:

Dual Core
Windows XP
CPU 2.80 GHZ
Ram 1.48 Ram (this could be upgraded)
And the processor is a Intel Pentium D (im pretty sure)

im not that computer smart so any help would be great.

If my computer will run both items, but i may run into problems, please could anyone give me any advice before i purchase...thank you in advance.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 AM

that should be fine, I would just add some more more ram. I have been using the projextmix for a few months now and love it. I ran into issue this past week with windows service pack3, i couldnt get it to work even with the new drivers. so i went back to service pack 2 and everything is good.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Project Mix and M-Powered

I';ve had a project mix for about 18 months. Its fine for what you need it to be. I have several friends with it as well and everyone seems to have some small problem, like my #1 xlr input gives me some static and my master fader doesn't work, but it seems to work great for everything I need it for. I do a ton of music production so I use the Music Production Toolkit and frequently run 48 tracks - I will upgrade to a larger board someday. As for your specs, definitely need as much ram as possible. Same thing with SP3 - STICK with SP2!!! Make sure you have a compatible motherboard and processor that Digidesign recommends, don't mess with anything else. - Good Luck!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Project Mix and M-Powered

ok cool, thanks for the advice, i have sp2 so thats good, means i dont have to download sp3. Im going to upgrade to about 3gb of ram which should be enough..
Also how can i find out what motherboard and processor i need? is there a place on the support area, i have looked around for it, but i may have gone straight past it.

thanks for the comments and advice