Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Tech support: Where Are You?

Earlier I posted a description of a problem which has mysteriously appeared in my system. I am trying to run Logic Pro7 or Pro Tools LE6.4 with a 002r. The unit is not connecting to the computer. Logic produces error 25974 and the warning that the device has been removed. Pro Tools produces error-1133. Trying to connect the hardware through the Core Audio Manager does not work. I have seen others have the same problem and yet as far as I can tell, no one has responded helpfully, despite intentions, and the tech support administrator has posted absolutely nothing on this matter. Why not? Why own this piece of equipment if it will not only not work but one can't even get any information about why not and what to do about it?
Old 05-22-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Tech support: Where Are You?

This is the Digidesign User Conference.. if you want technical support... use your 'phone and call technical support.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 05-22-2005, 08:05 PM

hey guess what, I know that. But I don't suppose you have noticed that there are numerous posts in the DUC by DIGITechSupport and that they actually respond to people's inquiries.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Administrator

You won't see many posts from Digi Tech Support on the weekends. You'll see some from the web admin, like me, with the user name Digidesign, but I'm not a tech. Mostly I just tell people to click on the Compatibility link at the top of the page, or I'll sometimes copy and paste something from a manual or a web page on the site. You won't see me answer technical questions unless it something I know something about, which is not a lot.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:44 PM

Thanks. i'll try back tomorrow.

or maybe I'll even pick up my phone as per someone's friendly suggestion.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Tech Support posted on this thread with some information that may help:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?&Number=824205

Another user posted that they used this formula for Logic & Digi CoreAudio:
Quote:
I discovered that Digidesign CoreAudio driver, version 6.9 works with Logic Pro 7.1 if these steps are followed:
1) After OS X finishes booting up, turn off Digidesign's hardware (in this case, the 002 Rack). Otherwise, a startup item (perhaps iTunesHelper?) may claim the interface.
2) Power the Digidesign hardware back on, and then boot up Digidesign CoreAudio Manager before Logic Pro.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:57 PM

Thank you for guiding me to those posts. Sadly, for me any way, Core Audio Manager continues to show "hardware in use" which cannot possibly be true as nothing is running and the audio/midi set up is set to internal audio. Is anyone else out there having this continued problem?
Old 05-23-2005, 03:44 AM

It's definitely worth checking your startup items... System Prefs/Accounts/Startup Items...... And removing all of them!
I found that after Virex updated itself to a newer version and installed itself as a startup item, Protools wouldn't start at all!
It's also worth trashing your Digi Database folders on any connected drives, repairing disk permissions, etc. etc. (there's a full list of troubleshooting tips posted by Digi on this site)
Antelope Orion 32, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5,
UAD Quad PCIe
Old 05-23-2005, 08:37 AM

Jon,

Thank you for the suggestions. Some of them I had already tried but i did everything. I removed all Digidesign Databases. I removed all start-up items. I ran Disk Utility. I am out of ideas.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Avid

You should try uninstalling and reinstalling Pro Tools, doing a 'clean' uninstall.

To uninstall - run the Pro Tools installer and, when you get to the custom install page, click on the word 'Custom Install' and select 'Uninstall' from the drop-down menu. After uninstalling, restart before reinstalling.

If you continue to have problems, please post information on your computer model, OS version and any peripherals connected to your computer.