Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: In Favor of Bringing Back the Old Digi Website

I'm sure someone worked really hard on the new site and it's really appreciated. But the honest truth is that it's one of the hardest web sites to use. It took forever to find a simply update that normally would have been very easy to find. I think it's possible to have nice graphics AND some useability. but for now I try to avoid anything other than the DUC unless I absolutely have to because it's a cause of great stress trying to find anything on the digi site now.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:10 PM

Yes the Old Site is better
Old 06-22-2006, 04:33 PM

yeah bring it back this new site blows. the flash sux, its slow and its hard to navigate. cant access compatibility pages from the duc and now all the links are completely flummoxed

instead of

digidesign.com/products/ptle/compatibility/

its

digidesign.com/jibciquegf/yiuhbciquebg/90347t734897kjhsckjgaef/?????/09eyreiq9hnkahc

You DON'T need Flash for menu's, that [bleep] p!sses ppl off. Nice clean text links are much nicer and pages render so much faster.

Please bring it back.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:43 PM

Oh man. There are more broken links on the product info pages. And where the hell is the COMPATO?! The single most useful page on Digi's site is totally obscured. I still can't find it after 10 minutes of looking and searching. I couldn't download ANY software updates (like LE 6.4 or 6.9 or 7.1) today because all the Auth codes I entered were rejected for no reason. I knew where everything was. Now I feel like a foreigner.

This is a serious misfire. C'mon guys!

(later) okay, I see that they tried to integrate the compato info. This wouldn't piss me off if I hadn't waded through several broken links to get there.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:50 PM

i just sent a Web Site Comment (Contact us link from the main web site) and said my peace.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:29 PM

Wouldn't it be nice to get where you are going in 1 to 3 clicks? I thought that was kind of standard for good web design. I don't really mind how the site looks, and it does seem to work a little better in windows explorer, but truth be told the navigation is what really bothers me. Flash or not this site is now horrible to navigate. Yes I do love my equipment, and I love making music, but I'm definitely not giving Digi props for the new site...
It's a good thing my other Digi products don't work this way :P
Old 06-22-2006, 07:33 PM

Setting aside all of the flash related complaints, the thing I don't understand is why any links are broken at all. It is so simple for a web designer with the most basic knowledge of his trade to do things on the server side to ensure no broken links ever, even if the new links and overall site navigation have changed completely. Any web designer worth his salt knows how to eliminate the problem with mod-rewrite and server redirects.

I think Digidesign simply got burned by a web design/programming team that didn't really know how to tackle the problem of how to transition a well established corporate web site. Or they just don't care - but I really doubt that. I vote for the old site too.

Regards,
Mike
Old 06-22-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Oh man. There are more broken links on the product info pages. And where the hell is the COMPATO?! The single most useful page on Digi's site is totally obscured. I still can't find it after 10 minutes of looking and searching.
voice of Hal:
"If you upgrade Dave, you won't need compato docs anymore"

I had to add the direct link as a favorite.

Admin:
Please add link to Archive Compato to the DUC again.

I'll bet someone who's read these threads has said:
"Once they learn the website, the threads and b!#$^ fest will die out"
Old 06-23-2006, 07:34 AM

This from the DigiNews June 2006 email newsletter:

Quote:
Digidesign Unveils New Corporate Website
Digidesign has launched a completely redesigned website that delivers a superior, media-rich experience. The result of careful research and development, Digidesign.com now features improved navigation and media-rich content designed to give you the information you need with a minimum of clicks. Whether you want product information or the latest software upgrade, you can find it quickly and easily at Digidesign.com
Someone in the PR/Marketing Dept. is clearly out of the loop.

Time to have a meeting with everyone who has ever touched this.

j
Old 06-23-2006, 07:35 AM

Still not a peep about the new site on the Pro Tools TDM Systems on Windows forum. I guess it's working okay if you're using a PC.

Sonny Keyes
Ricochet Audio
Toronto

Rig 1: 2.8GHz Macbook Pro PT 12.7.1 Logic 10.3.2 Scarlett 18i20
Rig 2: 2.66 QuadCore Intel Xeon Logic 10.2.0 Scarlett 18i20 PTHD10.3.10