Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on the new Digi website

Don't like it.

1. The digi page should just load the content, if i want to select another language then great but i shouldn't be forced to select a language before i get to the slow loading flash infested page.

I hate Flash and Javascript especially for menus. The page is slow and i'm annoyed you removed the Compatibility Text link from the DUC.

Is there a html/ text only version of this website? If not im not going to bother wasting my time with the Digi site.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:28 AM

Why... Why... Why... I understand upgrading the graphics BUT..Things are hard to find... REALLY BUGGY... Links are unavailable... Hey guys.. we expected better....
Old 06-12-2006, 09:43 PM

Well they fixed the search, sorta. It no longer returns a server error, just 0 results

Here's an idea if digi is listening: connect registered product with the MyDigi accounts. When users logon give em a link to available updates for all their registered products. Include M-audio (drivers), Avid and 3rd party software and you'd have quite a useful tool.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:09 AM

Actually, it may depend what you searched for. The search worked fine for me on most things, mainly when I was looking to see where they've hidden the cs8 update (found it!). As a flash site owner (at http://www.kryststudios.net/intro.html ), I must say I wish I could create from scratch, stuff such as the new menu they have, among other little things.

On the other hand, losing the feature request link (probably sick of us asking for little things, I mean a religious man asking "god" for a porsche is only pissing "God" off ) wasn't cool. Who better to sneak in a little input advice than the users world-wide? ...So long as each inputter was polite and not bitter if they don't see their idea within a month or so.

I also find it a little annoying that I have to figure out again how to be directed to the areas I like the most.

But, and I haven't looked lately, I think what surprised me most and not for the best was that when I went looking into M-Powered Pro Tools, I couldn't find a price on this site. That struck me as odd.

Otherwise, a site's a site. Not too much flash to slow me down or annoy me, not too little in the design department.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Actually, it may depend what you searched for. The search worked fine for me on most things, mainly when I was looking to see where they've hidden the cs8 update (found it!).
Nothing i enter returns any results, even the word protools

Quote:
On the other hand, losing the feature request link (probably sick of us asking for little things, I mean a religious man asking "god" for a porsche is only pissing "God" off ) wasn't cool. Who better to sneak in a little input advice than the users world-wide? ...So long as each inputter was polite and not bitter if they don't see their idea within a month or so.
They got tired of everyone asking for an update to PT Free.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Avid

Quote:

Nothing i enter returns any results, even the word protools

What search field are you using - the one on the main page or the one on the product support page? I turned up results on either search using Pro Tools or ProTools. If search is malfunctioning in some way, we want to get that corrected.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:17 PM

The search on the right side of the main page.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:36 AM

Links from Digi posts such as to downloaded files and compatibility pages for specific issues does not lead us to the correct page.

Why change everything and make it so hard for us? Everything was working just fine before as it always has. Now its a total mess. sure change a few graphics on the main page but why completely change everything and destroy the structure we are all used to??

No warning either and no test site provided for us to give feedback. Its like waking up one morning and all the roads lead to different directions and cars now drive on the other side of the road, in reverse.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:53 AM

Is it just me or is this page(from the old site) just plain stupid:

http://archive.digidesign.com/download/

The old site was full of stuff like that, no logical order.

The problem is a lot of the old information is not available in the new format. Also, the search on the main page still doesn't work.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:16 AM

Quote:
The search on the right side of the main page.
Same thing here, main search doesn´t give any results. It says only: "Problem accessing search server". The support search engine seems to function though.