Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Logic Pro 7

Has anyone mentioned that the networking CPU thing only works on Logic plugins. this expludes all 3rd party plugins and even EXS24. So no extra DSP except for the buillt in plugins.

(I havent read though the entire thread to see if this was mentioned already)

And just one minor correction for shadowbox. You can't jsut connect an ethernet cable between two computers. You need a hub or a crossed pair (is that the right term?) ethernet cable. But the point is still valid, it's pretty simple. I wonder if using a firewire connection has any advantage or disadvantage from ethernet?
Old 09-30-2004, 03:48 AM

Did anyone notice that the forthcoming version of Performer has much better TDM support including RTAS compatibility. Digi have never allowed anyone to use RTAS in a host app before. Do you think they're sending a message to us Logic users or is that parinoid man talking??
Old 09-30-2004, 03:51 AM

I just hope PT gets smarter very SOON with tempo...I really need PT to sort the timing of regions out on bars/beats and not min/secs.

Logic (Cubase, DP etc) always worked the audio regions out according to tempo and for music it is so time-consuming even considering say, a rit in the tempo at the final stages of a mix in PT; as all the audio regions (and mix automation) post the rit are not moved according to the tempo grid in PT.

Digi have been very, very slow to get a tempo-based audio engine happening, I just hope it's coming real soon now...that and colour-coded tracks PLEASE - it just seems so obvious!
Old 09-30-2004, 04:09 AM

To Snoopy....where are you getting this info...especially about plug in support....on the 41 page PDF overview manual ...on the website....on PAGE 4...under the Mixer paragraph it says "Logic Pro offers close to 60 effect plug ins and supports additional Audio Units(AU format plug- ins)It also features an exclusive collection of software instuments.As with the effects,additional AU Instrument Plug-ins are supported"....Please direct me to where you got that statement you just posted....or Shut The F^^^ Up.....

ThothProd
Old 09-30-2004, 04:20 AM

Quote:
To Snoopy....where are you getting this info...especially about plug in support....on the 41 page PDF overview manual ...on the website....on PAGE 4...under the Mixer paragraph it says "Logic Pro offers close to 60 effect plug ins and supports additional Audio Units(AU format plug- ins)It also features an exclusive collection of software instuments.As with the effects,additional AU Instrument Plug-ins are supported"....Please direct me to where you got that statement you just posted....or Shut The F^^^ Up.....

ThothProd
Emagic developers officially stated this on the CoreAudio Apple mailing lists. Michael Hayden from Emagic stated this as well along with URS and then several other beta testers.

Snoop is talking about plugs that support the nodes feature. Only the Logic plugs works. AU plugs crash the system.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:43 AM

Quote:

ThothProd
Thoth...

Are you even reading the posts in this very thread that you are so actively involved in? Surroundguy posted this yesterday. Maybe you should have a look and then enlighten all of us as to who should "Shut The F^^^ Up....."

http://lists.apple.com/archives/core.../msg00154.html
Old 09-30-2004, 04:50 AM

Targon..
So what you are saying is this is "bug" discovered...but it does not mean that AU is suppose to crash the system...am I correct?..if that the case I apologies to Snoop...but I bet they work it out....to many good AU plug ins out there...I especially like the Native Instrument stuff ...and except for the occassional "Bugs" I never had a problem with them..on Logic

Thothprod
Old 09-30-2004, 04:56 AM

To Snaggle...
If I have errred ...then I apologize ...I did not catch that particular piece of info...but there is a lot of erroneous stuff being emmitted...but again I do apologize if I was out of Line..

Thothprod
Old 09-30-2004, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Targon..
So what you are saying is this is "bug" discovered...but it does not mean that AU is suppose to crash the system...am I correct?..if that the case I apologies to Snoop...but I bet they work it out....to many good AU plug ins out there...I especially like the Native Instrument stuff ...and except for the occassional "Bugs" I never had a problem with them..on Logic

Thothprod
For now, only the Logic plugs are supported. if you try to use an AU it will crash. Apple are trying to come up with a solution but it maybe a while before AU plugs are supported officially.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:17 AM

Thothprod...

Exciting times...excited minds. Just good to be civil.

"...the distributed audio processing is currently alas only working for the Logic built-in plug-ins."

As AU is Apple's standard, I'm sure they'll get it happening soon. If they gave you everything in one go, what would you have to look forward to?

k