Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2008, 12:20 PM

Default I Cant HEAR NOTHING OUT MY MBOX 2 PRO!

SUP GUYS...I JUST RAN INTO A LIL PROBLEM AND I CAN SEEM TO RESOLVE IT...MY MBOX 2 PRO IS THE ONLY DEVICE I RUN MY SOUND OFF OF AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I CANT GET THA SOUND TO WORK.

I OPENED UP PRO TOOLS AND EVERYTHING SEEM TO RUN FINE BUT NO SOUND IS COMING OUT.

I TRIED USING REASON AND THA SOUND IS MISSING AS WELL.

WHEN I OPENED UP THE CONTROL PANEL AND ACCESSED THE SOUND OPTION, I SEE THAT THE DEVICE VOLUME SETTING IS AT LOW. THE OPTION TO ADJUST IT IS GRAYED OUT SO IM UNABLE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

HOW DID MY MBOX DO THIS? EVERYTHING WAS FINE LAST NIGHT.

SOMEBODY PLZ HELP!!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:27 PM

Default Re: I Cant HEAR NOTHING OUT MY MBOX 2 PRO!

First thing to check is your Mix knob.
Make sure it's turned fully to the right for playback.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:43 PM

UHmm, well, the mbox 2 pro has a dedicated monitor volume level, and 2 volume levels for headphones.

Is any of the 2 headphone outs working?

Going to the control panel and trying to fix a problem Under the menu "sound and audio devices properties" with an outboard sound interfase will solve nothing.

Check your firewire conection, to start. Check your speaker conections. Check if sound is coming from the headphones jacks.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
UHmm, well, the mbox 2 pro has a dedicated monitor volume level, and 2 volume levels for headphones.

Is any of the 2 headphone outs working?

Going to the control panel and trying to fix a problem Under the menu "sound and audio devices properties" with an outboard sound interfase will solve nothing.

Check your firewire conection, to start. Check your speaker conections. Check if sound is coming from the headphones jacks.
Nope...Still not working
Old 01-30-2008, 01:19 PM

I assume that you are able to open your sessions, and that they have audio tracks, or if you have midi tracks you know how to route the midi signal to reason to reproduce audio.

In the mix window check if the audio path selector is set to analog 1-2, faders up and the monitor knob is also up.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Avid

If worse comes to worse, you may want to try trashing preferences per the instructions in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
If worse comes to worse, you may want to try trashing preferences per the instructions in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread.
I found out what contributed to this problem...I had put my pc on standby mode sometime earlier and now the [bleep] is [bleep] up....What i did was popped in the PT installation disc and went straight to the "Drivers" folder and re-installed the driver...

Now when I open up Pro Tools I get this message...."Pro Tools has detected a driver install error. Pro Tools will continue to launch but may be slow to begin recording."

What can I do to cure this problem???
Old 01-30-2008, 05:05 PM

I would uninstall and reinstall Protools. It seems like some driver is not there or is not loading properly.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1