Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2000, 02:27 PM

Default using sonic foundry loops for acid with pt 001

does any company make sample and looping software for mac? the only way i could use "sonic foundry acid" (pc only) is by copying and pasting the samples to make loops....not fun and too labor intensive. there must be someone making the stuff but i've looked and asked around alot and i haven't found anything yet. any ideas? would it be feasable to install "virtual pc" in my g4 so the acid software would work? but then would it be incompatible with pro tools?....help!!!
Old 11-15-2000, 04:21 PM

Default Re: using sonic foundry loops for acid with pt 001

There are a couple of ways to do what you want. First you could get a program called Phraser which seems to me to be very much like Acid but made for PT users. It is made by Bitheads.com and supports Direct connect. Also another option that you could look into that would be very powerful for the hip hop type thing and If you have two computers,is use the mac for strait pro tools things like edit, record, mix, plug, and then use a seperate PC to run Acid Vegas, that like it or not Mac users, is very powerful with extensions into the cheap Cool edit pro for sample edit. Do edits for one shots and drum shots and bring them into vegas for building your loop structure. In order to get these files in and out of both computers you can either get a cheap used layla 24 bit eight out card for your PC and then send the drums and one shots individually through the eight out into the eight ins of the 001, and apply Protools plugs to those drums individually. Or get two Zip drive and import as wav file. If your willing to spend the bucks you can do crazy ____ with this set up.
Old 11-15-2000, 06:06 PM

W,

I run Acid on my G4 under Virtual PC. It works well, with the only glitch being that the playback cursor gets out of time with the audio after a while.

You can complete your drum track in Acid, bounce it to a stereo file (or several stereo files) and then drag the files from the Windows desktop to the Mac desktop. Open them in PT and you are ready to rock!

Good luck,

Jeff D.
Old 11-15-2000, 06:28 PM

Jeff,

That's real interesting. Both ACID and SoundForge are what I miss not having on
the MAC. Being new to the MAC I didn't know
how well VirtualPC would work on Audio apps.

Bill
Old 11-15-2000, 09:25 PM

I have the same setup as Jeff, and it works quite well! I have also taken Acid loops and opened them up in PT, ctrl-d to repeat the sample, and just used a demo version of Pitch-n-Time to adjust tempo.

Sound Forge has helped too, for editing, batch conversion, and creating RM and WMA files.