How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2011, 04:30 PM

Default Transferring show files from USB into Standalone software on Mac

Hello,

I'm trying to load show files from my USB onto the Standalone Software V 2.9.0.267 on my MacBook Pro. I am running the Avid Standalone software through Parallels.

The MAC asks me if the USB should be opened in MAC or Windows/Vista. I have tried both options, but neither options allow the USB, and it's show files, to show up in the Standalone software.

(I tried the same USB onto my old PC, and the standalone software on the PC could still see all the files on the USB).

I can see the files on my USB stick in the MAC finder option. I even tried to drag the files over, but that didn't work either...

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Deb
Old 11-24-2011, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Transferring show files from USB into Standalone software on Mac

It seems like it has something to do with parallels not seeing the USB. With Parallels open, in the menue click on the DEVICES section. Underneith that is USB. In there is a list of all the USB devices on your computer. When you select one it asks you if you want to connect it to your virtual machine.

I would select yes.

This should then mount the USB drive on your virtual machine allowing the Standalone software to see it.
Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core, 14gigs of ram
Macbook Pro w/Retina Display, 2.3Ghz i7, 16gigs of ram
Old 11-29-2011, 09:32 AM

Unfortunately it looks like it is just a compatibility issue as my Parallels is setup correctly in regard to USB connectivity and the Venue Standalone program still does not recognize the drive, as in Debbie's case above. Anyone have this working correctly with 2.9 Standalone software and Parallels? I had no problems with the older versions on the standalone software. Thanks for your input.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:28 PM

What combo and versions of Parallels and Windows are you guys running?

I'm currently running Parallels 4 with XP on Snow Leopard using Standalone 2.9 with no problems whatsoever.

On another machine I'm running Parallels 7 with XP on Leopard using Standalone 2.9. No problems there either.

Bill
Fairfax, VA
Old 12-04-2011, 09:25 AM

Hi all,

I figured it out! My Windows Vista had the USB drive as "disabled", so when I "enabled" it, it recognized the USB and I could transfer my show files onto my laptop VENUE software.

So the problem was with the windows/computer/USB recognition. Not any issues with VENUE software.

Many thanks for all the advice. That is what makes this forum so great!

I appreciate that!

deb