Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2010, 03:55 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahmoore View Post
I mirror Garnoil's impression: when trying out the new RX2 denoise today, I was impressed. The additional controls in Advanced mode are meaningful.

Get the demo and explore it.

As for workflow: I've been using the stand-alone for some tasks. My method is to select the audio I want to process, consolidate (after a quick copy-to-adjacent-track-and-mute) and simply open the consolidated file directly in RX.

After processing, I save-as in RX and re-import to PT. (in practice, saving back into the original file is problematic as due to caching you don't hear the changes.) (on second thought, perhaps saving back into the original, then consolidating AGAIN back in PT would work -- I will try it tomorrow.)

-jeremiah
I use RTAS for De-noise and De-Hum and stand alone for everything else. For stand alone: 1) make a copy of the file in question in Pro-Tools and re-name. 2) Export file to a specific folder which in my case is called "Files for Izotope" this folder resides outside the Pro-Tools session (in a different drive). 3) Open file in stand alone, process, and save to the same "Files for Izotope" . 4). Import processed file into Pro-Tools and replace old regions with processed file (spot to original time stmp).

It is a bit cumbersome but once you get used to the re-naming and use the key commands for export and import is very fast/
Old 10-09-2010, 01:00 PM

Default Re: iZotope RX 2

Good catch Maggot -- thanks for sharing!

I thought it was a caching issue -- but couldn't for the life of me figure out why the cache wasn't rebuffering after this or that. (I did a bunch of tests to try to force it, then gave up and did a workaround.)

I don't mind PT managing unique IDs. But I DO mind it not notifying the user, as in the case you describe.

so: No sideloading of audio files. Only import.

-jeremiah