Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Avid

Default Re: Why is mbox 2 pro being dropped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyrespace View Post
Apple is quietly dropping firewire support in their computers. Maybe that has something to do with the MBP disappearance.
No, they're not.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepercentfree View Post
Yes m-audio is what sells the most for avid it's there current money retail champion and possibly there only product they will have on the retail market in the future. So you can Expect Le and HD to be slower to upgrade for now and if they don/t get upgrades the current le-hd line will be discontinued in like maybe 2 years. The only really good news is the launch of the new 12 intelcore mac pro by apple with a potential 16 and 24 core coming up soon.
Not really the case - products across all lines sell quite well and there's nothing in any sales data that shows M-Audio is outpacing other products by any significant margin. In fact, some of the stock issues were because they were selling too fast for us to keep up with demand, which is why they may not have had it in stock for awhile.

The Mbox 2 Pro is not discountinued - I think they're giving out incorrect info in that respect. The 003 ships with Pro Tools 8 - what may have occurred is they had old stock with the 7.4 installers in the box.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:54 AM

// Let's hope to god for a Avid/Euphonix universal HD/LE I/O with ADC running from the card to go with apple's 12 intelcore.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
we discussed this in class today (SAE, august 2nd 2010) and my teacher says it's because the Pro series is too similar to the HD system line of pro tools in comparison to the other mbox series.

They're essentially trying to "encourage" people to purchase HD systems... lame in my opinion.
What in the world would be similar between mbox pro and any HD rig?

Many in Mbox, Mbox Pro's on shelves in my town too...just say'n.

www.studiofifty.net

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz Quad, 10.6.6, 12GB Ram, PT9, Logic 9, Kontakt, East West, VSL, Waves, Sound Toys, IK Multimedia
RME FF UC, Focusrite Octopre mkii, UA LA 610 mkii, MC Transport, Yamaha HS80M, Lauten, AKG, Sure, Blue
Old 08-03-2010, 01:12 PM

They are saying it's discontinued to keep you from purchasing it from someone else since they don't have them in stock.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI View Post
They are saying it's discontinued to keep you from purchasing it from someone else since they don't have them in stock.
...and they probably have a bigger profit on the "Factory" version

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-03-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
we discussed this in class today (SAE, august 2nd 2010) and my teacher says it's because the Pro series is too similar to the HD system line of pro tools in comparison to the other mbox series.

They're essentially trying to "encourage" people to purchase HD systems... lame in my opinion.
Ooops! Better get a new teacher
Old 08-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Rumor or not........Avid desperately needs to update the portable interfaces. There's basically no good choice.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Not true at all.
Well i mean i'm sure you would know what you're talking about - and i am not saying i believe my teacher 100%, but he does have a buddy who works for digidesign (as you clearly do as well) - and he was quoting what his buddy had said.

Perhaps his buddy is just an idiot i dunno but apparently people weren't opting for the HD rig because they could get along fine with the pro series - i kind of was skeptical personally because how in the hell is the pro series even comparable. But i digress
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Well i mean i'm sure you would know what you're talking about - and i am not saying i believe my teacher 100%, but he does have a buddy who works for digidesign (as you clearly do as well) - and he was quoting what his buddy had said.

Perhaps his buddy is just an idiot i dunno but apparently people weren't opting for the HD rig because they could get along fine with the pro series - i kind of was skeptical personally because how in the hell is the pro series even comparable. But i digress
No offense, but every single post I have ever seen regarding information taken from someone that has a friend at Digidesign (which is Avid by the way now, I have one not to far from my house in tewksbury ) has pretty much never come true. And Avid, Apple and the likes are extremely titelipped about their future product plans and anyone caught giving information out would most certainly lose their job. It's totally unreliable.