Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2003, 08:45 AM

Default Need help with post production on a live recording project

I'm sure this is going to be a really easy answer...

I have a 74 minute live recording and I need to split it all into 13 sessions, so that I can burn the master with 13 separate tracks. What is the easiest way to do this? In other words, how do export sections of one session to a new session?
Old 07-22-2003, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Need help with post production on a live recording project

Couple of different ways....

1) SEPARATE BOUNCES
Highlight each section and bounce them each to new finished audio files...then place them into a CD burning program and clear the default 2 seconds of silence and the tracks should line back up and blend seamlessly. Make sure to burn in "DiscAtOnce" mode instead of "TrackAtOnce" mode to prevent clicks and pops.

2)ONE LARGE 74 MINUTE BOUNCE
In this case you'll need a more advanced CD burning program (I use CD Architect) that has user-friendly track number index point manipulation. With CD Architect this works great...you can designate the start and end points of each track within the large audio file.

The best possible process would be a combination of both. You could bounce each track separately and then still use CD Architect or the like and fine tune the track sequencing. For example, you could slip a track closer to the previous track and get a smoother blend of the two tracks, do fade ups or fade downs with crowd noise, etc.

If you are in need of particular mastering levels unique to each track, then I would say treat them separately, or if the overall volume level is consistant throughout the 74 minutes, then master and bounce the whole thing in PT and use the burner for sequencing.

Good luck. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]