How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Default Worst weekend ever!!!!!!!!!!

Here goes

Been tracking a band all week with my system below and all was fine. Until Friday when elastic audio wouldn't work. So from the advice here people were saying it was a doggy install which as I remember it said something about elastic audio error when I installed it. So I decided to unistall 9.0.2 install again and while I was at it install the 9.0.3 all went ok until the reboot and my pc just stuck at windows start screen. So I turned off then on again and all was well so I decided to restore from one of my back ups I made with Acronis from which I learnt about when I had a prob updating Pro Tool 8 years ago I never used to do back up but now I do. Well I set the back up going which was just windows and Pro Tools 9 but it would load it would just hang. So I decided to reinstall from the windows disc but guess what my Tom drive packed and it would read CDs but not DVDs and like you no the windows install disc was on DVD. So I decided to install my old xp disc then install Acronis and access my internal storage drive and restor from my windows 7 only back up I have, Which would then put me back to my regular os and all would be well which I thought but no luck there, it failed and just crashed.
My friend said who's very up on the tech on pc's saidmy drive is quite old and probably on it's way out. So I now have a ssd coming from my OS drive but I can't decide on a new recording drive (see other post)

But to top it all of no shops round my way sold internal DVD writers and I was supposed to record a band sat nite which was obviously cancelled

My pc is still as much use as a chocolate fire guard untill my new parts arrive tomorrow and my demo days of the Sony Oxford eq plugin is ticking down

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh dam technical stuff

Does these probs sound like are faulty hard drive issue I've never suffered from anything like this before

Thanks for listening

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis