Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Play/Pause issue driving me nuts...

Interesting update....I picked up an mbox mini today for a secondary setup and tried it out with my machine and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. There were a few times it paused for a second where it seems like the bug would've occurred before, but it would recover and start playback. I wonder if it's an issue with the onboard firewire. I'll keep my eye out for it over the next few days with the mbox mini.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:19 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
This is unusual in that it doesn't have a version number. I don't have EZPlayer to check this against, but you may want to be sure you're on the latest version.]
I've posted a question on the Toontrack forum about Ezplayer and Superior 2 not having version numbers. Haven't heard back yet.

ASUS Sabertooth, Intel i7 3820 3.6Ghz
32 GB 1600Mhz Corsair RAM
SSD 500GB Samsung
WIN 10 64bit
Old 10-27-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySchlitz View Post
Interesting update....I picked up an mbox mini today for a secondary setup and tried it out with my machine and wasn't able to reproduce the issue. There were a few times it paused for a second where it seems like the bug would've occurred before, but it would recover and start playback. I wonder if it's an issue with the onboard firewire. I'll keep my eye out for it over the next few days with the mbox mini.
Schlitz, I ordered a Mbox 2 mini also! It should be here today. Did you load the PT software that came with it or did you use the PT software you already owned from your other interface?

I'm going to use the mbox mini with my laptop and was wondering if there are any advantages or disadvantages to using the same software with both pieces of Digi hardwarde. Or if that is even possible?

Moving sessions and pieces of sessions will be common between the two computers.

SSD 500GB Samsung
WIN 10 64bit
Old 10-27-2008, 10:20 AM

Hey Teolin,

Nice, definitely let us know if you see the issue with the mini! I didn't install any new software...just disconnected the 003 (while everything was off) and hooked up the mini. When I booted up, it found the mini, installed a couple of drivers and that was it. PTLE launched with no issues, surprisingly painless!

I would guess the only issue would be with your IO setup changing....so you'll get that warning when opening a project on different hardware. I'll be interested to see what happens as I start moving files around too.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
This is unusual in that it doesn't have a version number. I don't have EZPlayer to check this against, but you may want to be sure you're on the latest version.
I posted my plugin list on the Digi user group and noticed that the Superior and EZ Player don't have version numbers (see list below). From what I hear on the DUC, this is usually associated with cracked plugins. My Toontrack products are legal and registered.

Does TT do something different?

W32i DLL ENU 7.4.0.309 shp elastic audio.dpm
- - - - - elastic audio.dpm.rsr
W32i DLL ENU 7.3.0.117 shp eq iii.dpm
- - - - - eq iii.dpm.rsr
W32i - - - - ezplayer.dpm
- - - - - ezplayer.dpm.rsr
W32i DLL ENU 7.3.0.117 shp flanger.dpm
- - - - - flanger.dpm.rsr
W32i DLL ENU 7.3.0.117 shp signaltools.dpm
- - - - - signaltools.dpm.rsr
W32i - - - - superior drummer.dpm
- - - - - superior drummer.dpm.rsr
Post #: 1 RE: Superior and EZ Player Version #s - Oct.-27th-2008 16:22:48 sbutler
Junior

Score: 0
Status: online Bump. As I guessed Digitech identified the lack of a version number as "usual."

? Post #: 2 RE: Superior and EZ Player Version #s - Oct.-27th-2008 17:23:47 Rogue
Tech

Score: 20

... we identify the version number in the interface. It's not necessary published at OS level, no.

Best Regards,
RM

SSD 500GB Samsung
WIN 10 64bit
Old 10-27-2008, 10:14 PM

i just noticed the same thing lately. i never had a prob until i am now "trying" to hook up a usb midi controller and opened an instrument and a midi track ( the only 2 tracks) in a session. also pro tools isnt recognizing my midi controller ( m-audio keyrig 49) anyone with an 002 have a usb midi controller? my inputs are set to all? also this is thefirst time ive used midi and/or midi controller. sorry for the ignorance.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:55 PM

I'm now pretty much convinced it's the NVidea graphics driver for me.
I would be very happy for someone to correct me but this is my conclusion and here's why.

I often have the play problem coming up and it's a real pain especially in a session with the client wondering why I'm repeatedly hitting the keyboard.
So over the last few days I have been testing things.

The problem is there with or without a usb controller keyboard ( I use the M-Audio 88 something) hooked up via midi rather than usb it's same problem. I don't think it's that.

The play problem is there with 3 different firewire cards.
The Pro Tools system responds exactly the same with all 3 cards, and the Avid system works fine on same machine, although I have a feeling the graphics are lending a hand to the 6088 error some report due to firewire problems.....explain later.

The play problem is there for either QuaddroFX1400 or GT7300 graphics, not great cards by any stretch but still...even Avid runs on them.

If I make the display run at 16 bit rather than 32 bit, the play stop improves slightly.
If I uninstall the NVidea drivers the play stop has no more trouble.

What's more where I sometimes encounter problems with Waves SSL plugs stopping play, causing a 6088 error and causing the mouse to disappear occasionally at 128, and consistently at a 64 buffer rate, this fault is much better without the graphics driver.

All of my errors go away. Play start etc' works fine.

For example, I can run a 16 track project, 7 SSL's, 2 Altiverbs (1 long, 1 short), 5 URS compressors a CSR plate, a BFD, 8 live sampler inputs, 6 outboard returns and the Mellomuse time adjuster on everything without any reasonable problem.

The SSL plug can still cause a 6088 error if I go nuts on it, but I'd expect that, and the Quad 2.4 ghz system is running at 68 samples buffer, so that's no surprise.
However, as I mentioned about the graphics being linked to the firewire fault...why do faults in the graphic cause a 6088 error?

So blah...I think it's a graphics problem.
Believing that and getting a bit sick of NVidea at this point. what card should I get?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:04 PM

Sorry to go on about it! lol!

I'm pretty sure I can fix/break and replicate the problem here, but with only one of the two graphics cards I'm testing with.

The NVidea QuadroFX1400 is listed as compatible with PTHD 7, but only with driver version 67.22. It's available at http://www.nvidia.com/object/avid_cert_drivers.html and in my case it fixes the play starting problem, but only for that card.

Tested the later version 162.62 of driver and sure enough, after a while, opening closing sessions etc' play response gets slower and then consistently doesn't start. I also get many more 6088 errors with the other drivers and almost always when tweaking an SSL plug.

I don't have a driver that works for the Asus/NVidea 7300 card, from the get go it's clunky, 6800 errors and within 5 minutes or so starts to not play when I ask it to.
Haven't tried the latest one from the web site though.

DigiTechSupport did say uninstall the graphics driver and test way back in post 19. I rekon that's the best starting point too.

Digi, is it possible it's a 6800 error, triggered by a faulty graphics driver but the error sign doesn't come up?
and what driver does work for my 7300?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:40 PM

I have the same issue from time to time (too often!)
I also have a 002r and this usually happens when at a 64 sample buffer size

my usual course of action is the close pt, trash databases & pref via tech support utility and reopen the session. Then set the default record time to something specific rather than all disk space.

However every couple days it starts again.

edit: got Nvidia graphics too.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
rogga_bogga

I have the exact same problem, and I have NVidia graphics too. (GeForce FX 5200)
I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but all the trouble started after installing drumkit from hell superior 2.