Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 05:44 PM

Default 6.7 in the UK.......who\'s got it!

Does anyone know who in the UK currently has stocks of the 6.7 LE upgrade for Windows. Lots of retailers are advertising it but no-one actually has it in stock.

Sound Control are advertising a big launch event between 3rd and 25th November yet their Glasgow branch keep saying it's not been released. Still...............two of their "Hi Tech" department guys still tell me that Pro Tools is the best plug in available for Cubase...........still puts a smile on my face everytime I visit the store!!

Gary
Old 11-23-2004, 05:47 PM

Default Re: 6.7 in the UK.......who\'s got it!

Quote:
two of their "Hi Tech" department guys still tell me that Pro Tools is the best plug in available for Cubase
PRICELESS...thanx..

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 11-23-2004, 05:55 PM

I KNOW!!!!!

They're so serious about it, but can't see past Cubase!!

The Hi Tech department is downstairs in one shop, and next door is their Keyboards and Pianos shop which happens to have a Digi 002 on display, with a handwritten sign saying "Professional Digital Mixer - ask for details." One day I just might ask!!

Gary
Old 11-23-2004, 05:57 PM

Gary..

Protools 6.7 is a myth, an Urban Legend... It simply does not exist in the UK...

Apparently its an Early "April fool" prank perpetrated by our American friends....

Contact any music store in the UK and get "Erm.....its on order...two weeks tops!"

Fat chance of tracking it down! If the digistore is out of stock aswell!!!!

I'm moving to the States, packing my bags and just going! It'll be quicker than finding stock in the UK...:)

Cheers

Freakybeatz
Old 11-23-2004, 05:57 PM

High Tech !!

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 11-23-2004, 06:24 PM

Who did you speak to?

I found them to be very on the ball. When i went in to buy the vst2rtas wrapper (doh!) they swung a computer screen round and showed me exactly where to buy it online.

I like playing with the v-drums down there.

Eventually I'll buy something...
Old 11-23-2004, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I found them to be very on the ball. When i went in to buy the vst2rtas wrapper (doh!) they swung a computer screen round and showed me exactly where to buy it online
>>"Glasgow branch "<< ??That's where you shop ?
Quote:
I like playing with the v-drums down there.

He he ..I must see that ..

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 11-23-2004, 07:00 PM

Ah, I missed the Glasgow bit. That explains it. The guys in London are well cool - they're all in bands and are working there as a day job.
There's a full TDM set-up with two guys who are 'experts'. Never met 'em though...
Old 11-24-2004, 07:34 AM

I think Turnkey have it. I was there for the demo about a week ago and they said it was due in that day.

Roll on Pay day! If I can get 6.7 that is.

On the topic of customer service, is it just me or is it just really bad in the pro audio industry. Without naming names (yet) - other than Sound Control London as the service I received there was good - the other retailers are so far up there own bottoms - it drives me nuts.

It seems to me that they are trying to be way too cool. Oooooh look at me, I work in a pro audio store, Ooooh.

I don’t care if you work in Turnkey or Digital Village or Tesco's just give me good customer service you plonker!

The again I am Australian, so maybe I have been spoilt with great customer service for too long and need to re-adjust to life in the UK.

neeel.
2 Gig RAM
Old 11-24-2004, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I think Turnkey have it. I was there for the demo about a week ago and they said it was due in that day.
That's what they said - but Turnkey have a habit of telling you whatever they think you want to heear, even promising something is in their warehouse when it just isn't!

I asked Dolphin, they're waiting on stock, but give 'em credit, they fessed up promptly!

G5 iMac 20" 1.8GHz 1GB 160GB / Lacie FW80GB
OSX 10.3.5 / MBox / PTLE 6.7