Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2024, 05:20 PM

Default Tracks Contain Plugins That Don't Exist In Your Plugin Folder

For the past few months I've been getting the following message when opening up an existing session in Pro Tools First: "One or more tracks contain plug-ins that don't exist in your plug-in folder." At first I would get this message only occasionally, and when I did, I would simply close the session, exit out of Pro Tools First and then open it all back up again and my plug-ins would all be there in my session, as they should be. But for the past few days, every time I open up a session, I get this message. And no matter how many times I close and re-open PTF, I keep getting the same message. I've also tried rebooting my PC. The attached screenshot shows the message that I get. In this instance it's the Eleven MK II plug-in that can't be located. But when I go into the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plugins" folder, the Eleven Mk II is there (see attached screen shot) along with all of my other plug-ins. If I open a session and click on an empty Insert, what I've found is that all of the plug-ins that automatically came with PTF are there. But almost all of the plug-ins that are included in the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle (which I have a paid subscription for, and have been using for the past 2 years) are missing. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions as to what's causing this and how to fix it?
Attached Images
File Type: png Avid Plugin Missing.PNG (11.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Avid Plugins.jpg (65.2 KB, 0 views)
8 GB RAM 1 TB Hard drive
Windows 10 (64 bit)
Old 03-20-2024, 04:56 AM
Avid

Default Re: Tracks Contain Plugins That Don't Exist In Your Plugin Folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbvz64 View Post
For the past few months I've been getting the following message when opening up an existing session in Pro Tools First: "One or more tracks contain plug-ins that don't exist in your plug-in folder." At first I would get this message only occasionally, and when I did, I would simply close the session, exit out of Pro Tools First and then open it all back up again and my plug-ins would all be there in my session, as they should be. But for the past few days, every time I open up a session, I get this message. And no matter how many times I close and re-open PTF, I keep getting the same message. I've also tried rebooting my PC. The attached screenshot shows the message that I get. In this instance it's the Eleven MK II plug-in that can't be located. But when I go into the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plugins" folder, the Eleven Mk II is there (see attached screen shot) along with all of my other plug-ins. If I open a session and click on an empty Insert, what I've found is that all of the plug-ins that automatically came with PTF are there. But almost all of the plug-ins that are included in the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle (which I have a paid subscription for, and have been using for the past 2 years) are missing. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions as to what's causing this and how to fix it?
Hi there!

Let me check on this and get back to you in a bit

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-20-2024, 05:09 AM
Avid

Based on your screenshot, the ElevenMKII plugin is still inside your plugins folder. You can move this to a different folder and launch Pro Tools then see if the same issue occurs.

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 8.06.57 PM.jpg (54.2 KB, 0 views)

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-20-2024, 05:11 AM
Avid

To give more info on this. The ElevenMKII plugin is not included with Pro Tools First. Also, Pro Tools First has been discontinued. There is a new free version which you can check out on this LINK.

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-22-2024, 01:39 AM

That's what's happening to me since installing 2024.3 on my Mac Studio Ultra, I have a thread open on Pro Tools forum here at the DUC.
Old 03-23-2024, 01:05 PM

Anyone ?