Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2011, 08:14 AM

Default Re: 003 Driver Issue With Pro Tools 9

Great. I almost bought the 003r for a very reasonable price today..glad i did not do that yet
Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodan View Post
I believe i did that origionally when my 003 wasn't even showing up. then i deleted the files, restarted, and my 003 showed up. but wouldn't play audio.

so i tried downloading the new drivers, but still no audio!

any other suggestions?
Can you give us a complete detail of your system, including how everything is connected?

Have you tested this from a new administrator account yet? If not - please do so and let us know if anything changes.

Another thing to try - hold down the 'n' key when launching Pro Tools to get the Hardware dialog and try switching from the 003 to built in - do you get playback? If so, quit Pro Tools, repeat the process and, this time, select the 003. Do you get playback? If so - good. If not, try defaulting IO Setups for both input and output. Do you now get playback?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM

Still not working. Considering taking my 003 back if I don't fix this today. If i can get it working i'll keep it! anymore suggestions would be incredible! thanks :)

-Bodan
Old 05-24-2011, 11:23 AM

I'm having trouble finding my avid support code! having trouble with avid customer support in general. would love some help here :)
Old 05-24-2011, 07:51 PM

If you are using Windows, see my Post #15 on this thread:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...=1#post1792191
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 05-25-2011, 01:57 AM

This really is crap, I have posted in several threads about my 003 console rendered useless upgrading to 9.0.2. I started a thread, I have droped post in other threads and even asked for you to chime in. I find it highly unlikely that my console just crapped out at the same time I was upgrading. I get links on both ports, I have tried on 2 PC,s 1 Win 7 laptop, and a MAC. 4 cables, I think your software screwed up my 003. I asked for you to give me some direction, and after 6 weeks you promptly reply to the OP of this thread?? That sucks, no disrespect to the OP, but this really pisses me off. I only asked for feedback, anything, got nothing, I have bought 001,002,003 console, MPTK 1&2, Structure,and got screwed on the upgrade by 2 days, Strike, man I think this is BS. Why did my unit die while upgrading, never hot swaped cabels, it links up and yet any CPU fails to see it. At least just tell me I am SOL and get over it..... Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Can you give us a complete detail of your system, including how everything is connected?

Have you tested this from a new administrator account yet? If not - please do so and let us know if anything changes.

Another thing to try - hold down the 'n' key when launching Pro Tools to get the Hardware dialog and try switching from the 003 to built in - do you get playback? If so, quit Pro Tools, repeat the process and, this time, select the 003. Do you get playback? If so - good. If not, try defaulting IO Setups for both input and output. Do you now get playback?

www.kineticrecordingstudios.com
Old 05-25-2011, 02:18 AM

Sorry if I am out of line, but I asked for DTS to help me out and got nothing, I think I have a valid issue that deserves some kind of response. Maybe I am out of line, but I feel like I at least deserved a response. Again sorry to the OP, this just really has me thinking after all these years and investments, I only wanted a dialog with DTS, 003 is boxed up ready to send out, but I just keep thinking it is not hardware. Just frustrated.....

Old 05-25-2011, 03:24 AM

you can be mad if you want, but DTS posting here isn't part of their job. yet, they're doing it anyway.

if you want help you should probably answer the questions you were asked in the post by DTS that you quoted.

www.jntracks.com
Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroNEe View Post
Sorry if I am out of line, but I asked for DTS to help me out and got nothing, I think I have a valid issue that deserves some kind of response. Maybe I am out of line, but I feel like I at least deserved a response. Again sorry to the OP, this just really has me thinking after all these years and investments, I only wanted a dialog with DTS, 003 is boxed up ready to send out, but I just keep thinking it is not hardware. Just frustrated.....

Please re-read the Help Us Help You thread, specifically this part:

Quote:
First, keep in mind that this is the USER Conference - meaning it's mostly other Pro Tools users that will be answering your questions. While Avid Tech Support maintains a presence here, with the hundreds of posts per day here on the DUC, we are unable to chime in on every one. We maintain limited hours of operation here, so many posts are bound to happen when we are not available. If you absolutely need a reply from Avid Tech Support directly, please use the Contact Avid Support over the web link under Assisted Support.
I understand your frustration, but the above info is there for a reason - I simply cannot reply to every post, nor do I see every post.

If you can point me to the post/thread you made with details about your system and problem, I'll see what I can do. I did a quick look through your post history, but nothing stuck out as the post(s) you're referring to.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 PM

I get where you are coming from, but sometimes it seems selective. I searched for the thread I started, seems I can't find it. There were no useful replies from it anyways, I did comment in this thread,

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...ghlight=KroNEe

And several others, guess in context it does not stand out, but I have explained my problem in several of the no connectivity threads that have been popping up since the 9.0.2 update. My situation seems to be unique as in I get a link on both FireWire ports but on four systems with 4 different cables the 003 hardware is not detected. Mac and PC. I do not think system specs will help here as I have used 9.0.0 on all of them flawless. I updated to 9.0.2. I installed the drivers with hardware powered off, I installed the 9.0.2 update, rebooted, it detected my 003, rebooted and have not been able to communicate with the 003 since. I have tried a clean install of windows 7 and PT, I took it to a friend who is running 9.0.2 on a iMac and 003 console, I have tried going back to PT8, only because it was after updating that it stooped working do I feel like there may be something to this, like the firmware, but it shows fine, all hardware test show fine, it dances in Vegas mode. But there is no way to test the Firewire. I get link lights, it looks like it should work. So yes I am frustrated. I do see your point that not a whole lot sticks out, but I have explained it several times. Guess it gets buried in the amount of posts. I should of chose my words better but I do feel like there is something from the update that messed up my 003, maybe it just failed and its my bad luck, but sure is strange. And being as I cannot find the thread I started I guess my post seems out of line. I should not of replied on impulse. So I look like a jerk, but my problem remains. I just keep thinking I am going to figure it out so every day is another day that I do not send out to a ARC. If I was not getting link lights on all these systems I would easily say it is a hardware issue, guess the problem is somewhere on the main logic board after the Firewire ports. I still feel like it is related to the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Please re-read the Help Us Help You thread, specifically this part:

I understand your frustration, but the above info is there for a reason - I simply cannot reply to every post, nor do I see every post.

If you can point me to the post/thread you made with details about your system and problem, I'll see what I can do. I did a quick look through your post history, but nothing stuck out as the post(s) you're referring to.